Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g issue in city centre

gazmix
4: Newbie
Hi

I live in the city centre and all's been good up to last Friday when I started having problems using 4g.
It says 4g on the phone but only 1 of the little arrows shows. This happens within I'd say of a 100m Sq radius of my home, then further I go away it gets better.
If i go to settings-mobile networks and change my preferred network to 3g all's cool.
Help appreciated.
35 REPLIES 35

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Your Local masts may show as OK so Please also use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding masts for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Vodafone have provided a specific Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template  that asks certain questions that will Help us and the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. Please would you re post the template with your answers.

Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

gazmix
Hi
It says there is no current issue and no forthcoming work taking place when I add my postcode.
Your second link says 'message not found'.
Vodafone shop says they will change my micro sim as that can be an issue.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gazmix If you're still experiencing issues after getting a replacement SIM, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're having trouble after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

gazmix
OK thanks. Do I delete the questions and just leave the answers or post my answer after each of the 7 questions? Thanks.

gazmix
OK sorry, I get it now.
Will post back after SIM change tomorrow.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gazmix Thank you! 

We'll keep an eye out for your response. 

Hi

Ok i went to shop, got new sim also a phone to borrow & the issue is still there with borrowed phone & new sim. The guy in shop has updated my records as he says you guys will access them.

There is a lot of buildin & demolishion work going on in city centre at the moment in case you need to know.

S1

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Around a rectangular quarter mile.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

on my profile.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

The 4g icon stays but sometimes goes but mainly one of the 2 little up & down arrows is missing & when i start my browser it says no internet & i get the dinosaur.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

It affects 4g. When i go to options & click on preffered 3g or 2g i have signal H or H+

6) When did you first notice this issue?

16th September

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Occasionally 4g may work for a few seconds but no more.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gazmix I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Once you've got in touch, we'll investigiate this further.

gazmix
OK Rahim many thanks. I clicked on your link, entered the ref: number which opened up a questionnaire that I copy and pasted into the answer box and filled in my answers, hope this was correct.
Gaz