Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g signal but no internet connection

mod31276
3: Seeker

My husbands Iphone 5s has full 4g coverage but the phone won't allow him to connect to the internet, or send imessages etc.

I've had to turn his imessage off so that he just receives standard texts.

We have tried a new sim card which did not work. His sim card does not work in my phone but mine works in his.

Not sure what else to try?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

So by process of your own elimination the phone is OK and you've already carried out a sim swap. 

So either....

The sim swap hasn't worked right  (they can take up to 24 hours sometimes to fully complete) or they he new sim card is faulty. 

Or his account needs looking at via customer service on 191 or Live Chat. 

Oh and check that no data bar is turned on via your online myvodafone 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mod31276 Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

mod31276

Post Title: 'First half of post code - S73

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Happens everywhere

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. S738BF

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No internet connection and delays receiving texts

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? Nov 2016

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mod31276 As you've mentioned the issue happens everywhere, there could potentially be an issue with the account itself, rather than the network within your area.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contacted us.