Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g unusable, 3g fine

mikewhite
4: Newbie

Hello,

For the last week or two my S7 has been nearly always unusable on 4g for web browsing. I first thought it was the WebSeceure (or whatever it's called) and turned that off but problems persist.

I've experienced the issue in my home town (Guildford) and when up in various parts of central London earlier in the week. If I force the connection to be 3g browsing seems fine. 

I did wander into a store yesterday but the advice was - stick with 3g. I can, but I'd like to know what the issue is.

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Do you have the specific postcodes for the areas @mikewhite because you could put them in > Vodafone Network Checker Link to see what's reported for the masts and what's expected for 4G Signal there. 

As a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at issue can you please try your Sim Card in another phone and another sim card in your phone if 4G is also a problem pretty much everywhere and not just in the areas you've mentioned. 

I appreciate 3G is a pretty good connection to attain but 4G is much better. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Do you have the specific postcodes for the areas @mikewhite because you could put them in > Vodafone Network Checker Link to see what's reported for the masts and what's expected for 4G Signal there. 

As a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at issue can you please try your Sim Card in another phone and another sim card in your phone if 4G is also a problem pretty much everywhere and not just in the areas you've mentioned. 

I appreciate 3G is a pretty good connection to attain but 4G is much better. 

Hi, yes, I tired the Network Checker when I was in London and had fallen back to 3g. The report suggested wall to wall 4g with no issues. Same in Guildford town centre. Today I've totally removed SecureNet from my account in the vague hope that will work. I will try an alternative device next time I can - I do have a spare 4g phone with a nano slot so that won't be a problem. Thanks for the tips.

BandOfBrothers

You're very Welcome.

If necessary any Vodafone Highstreet Store can swap out your SIM card if that turns out to be the culprit.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.