Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

AB32 - Westhill

ComsumersChamp
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi - there was total loss of voice signal late on 26th, intermittent but much poorer voice signal by 27th with frequent drop-outs & loss of signal (not been an issue for 10+ years) and 4g signal has been lost with phones frequently going to lower data speed (4g has worked well for several months since being activated!). Chat message with Hamid initially denied issue, then said there was "ongoing issue with the network", but the network checker shows nothing!  It is as if an aerial on your mast has been knocked out of allignment! - can you assist?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you provide your replies to the questions in the network template. 

Link > http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi - sorry - new to using Forum!

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? - Yes, signal returns 1/2 mile to the east of location

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. As per my profile 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? yes - tried using 3 different phones & 2 different sims.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No Signal shows & can't phone; in some areas 1 bar (when used to be 3-4 bars) and the 4g signal is no longer available

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 4G (the 2 &3 G have always been poorer anyway)

6) When did you first notice this issue? Around 8pm Sunday 26th - was fine during the day, so has to be an aerial/transmitter failure/damage issue.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent now ie the loss of 4g in the location, the voice signal is intermittent in the same way as if you were in a poor signal area (which was not the case up till Sunday!)

Don't worry your doing fine.  :Smiling:

Please now wait for one of the Vodafone Team to reach your post and access your profile for your postcode you registered with and I'm sure they'll take a look. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks - they (actually Beau, who appears to be a "Moderator - retired"?) did message saying it was account specific so could not be dealt with on the forum - I have replied  pointing out it is not account specific as it impacts other mobile numbers signal not just my own, so is clearly network specific!!  I see there has been another posting about an AB postcode antenna issue as well..., so probably the same thing as reading that post it occured at about the same time!!  I'll await the Vodafone staff's response. Thanks:-)

Things were changed not too long ago as to where the Vodafone Teams here can now help with Account Specific enquiries. 

Current Phone  >

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ComsumersChamp - So we can look into this, please add your full postcode in the ‘personal information’ section of your forum account.

Jenny - I see you have posted a reply to another thread relating to an AB postcode issue today - saying "It looks like your local site (10638) is having a few issues at the moment." - is it likely that the same site covers my postcode as the OP has reported a similar timing to the issue! Thanks!

Postcode was added on 28th - still next to no voice signal, and no 4G at all, and apparently this is impacting numerous of my neighbours in the area!  Yet all I have had is overseas call centres saying they will have it fixed, then texting that they see it is an area of poor coverage & recommending I buy a 3g smart signal!!, then when I phoned to complain further got Tech support in Egypt(!!) who admitted they could see that there should be a good 4g signal & that they would deal with it.  Just how difficult is it to send an engineer to a mast & to check the local signal strength - changes are that something has broken on the mast!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ComsumersChamp - So we can look into everything further, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.