Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BB7 voice & SMS conectivity issues

Hnmsdad
1: Seeker

The cell serving BB7 4H has really bad voice and SMS conectivity, signal strength can appear ok but unable to receive or make calls and send recieve sms.

This has been a significant problem since Tuesday 25th April but has been more intermittant for the past 3 to 4 months.

17 REPLIES 17

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hnmsdad Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes! About 5 miles in any direction, so I am no longer connected to this cell

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

BB7 4HB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

YES

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

calls fail incoming and outgoing

SMS fail to send and don't get received

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

its a ##~## 2G only cell

6) When did you first notice this issue?

several months ago it was intermittent but has been continuous since Tuesday 25th April

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

almost permanent, the odd call will be successful occasionally, SMS take hours

There are four other Vodafone handsets in the family and all experiencing the same problems.

I live across the road at BB7 4EZ. Same issue. Unable to send or receive texts. I've logged a job but no response yet. Almost out of contract now so if it's not sorted quickly, will go with another service provider.

I live across the road at BB7 4EZ. Unable send or receive texts. I've logged a job but no resolution or fix as yet. I'm almost out of contract so will shop around if it's not fixed soon.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hnmsdad @Laineybird2000 From our network status checker, I can see - We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s now being investigated. We'll update this page as soon as we know more.

When you've searched your postcode, you'll need to zoom out on the map a few times to see the unexpected issue - as your local serving site (7742) is located away from your area. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, on the network status checker you're able to register for updates on this issue. 

It's NOT on at all. No update on the situation in almost 9 days.
The maintenance work was supposed to improve calls and texts. So in the meantime, left paying for a service that can barely be used.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Vodafone does not give updates during the process in which a problem is being fixed. You will only hear something when the problem is fixed. It's a poor practice but that is the way is has always been with Vodafone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I too live at BB7 4HB , this issues is still affecting me , Im not able to deceive or make calls via voice or txt . When will the issue be resolved , what is the problem that is causing this to happen ? . I will be contacting my local newspaper later if we do not get a head up as to what your solution is to correct this fault and to what it is that has caused this issue to  evolve in the 1st instance .

Regard 

Amanda