Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BD24 no signal at all

frust
4: Newbie

BD24 no signal at all

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? the whole of Settle and Giggleswick

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. bd24 9rg and beyond to cover the whole of settle and giggleswick

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? All vodafone sims in all phones

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? no service at all

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all there is no service at all for any vodafone customer

6) When did you first notice this issue? around midday wednesday 26th october

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We’re sorry that some of our customers in the area have been experiencing problems with coverage.  One of our local sites has developed a complex fault.  We continue to work hard to try and resolve the problem as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on our progress here.

In the meantime, our Wi-iFi Calling service is available to customers on selected price plans and compatible devices.

View solution in original position

73 REPLIES 73

Yes, I think that I have replied to your private message but I do not undestand why it is necessary to comminicate privately. Why can't we discuss the Vodafone network problem on this forum? I thought that was what forums were for?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AMOVERLEY Thank you. 

I've replied to your email earlier today (13 November 2016). 

We'll keep an eye out for your response. 

Hi Rahim

I'm unclear as to whether I'vve replied correctly/privately/whatever. Or are you still waiting for my personal details and/or confirmation of my name. Clarifiation please? Over 2 weeks without a signal here and its killing me! I need to travel over 3 miles from home to get a signal!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AMOVERLEY We've replied to your email earlier today. 

Please reply to our email when convenient to do so. 

Hi Rahiom

I have replied but not with the security PIN that you texted to my phone...BECUASE I HAVE NO SIGNAL here in Settle! Therefore I am unable to recive texts or calls on my mobile phone. Perhaps you could update this forum with why this area has been without a signal for over 2 weeks now please? I have to travel several miles from home in order to pick up a Vodafone signal. The Vodafone network status still shows an issue at BD24 0JR which 'we're working hard to fix it'.

SINCE NOBODY SEEMS TO BE LISTENING AT VODAFONE HERE IT IS AGAIN.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? All over settle and giggleswick travel at least 5 miles in any direction to get a usable signal.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. BD24 9RG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? All sim cards in all phones for all vodafone users this is affecting everybody.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? NO SERVICE

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? ALL we only have 2G service normally so it is therefore affecting all services

6) When did you first notice this issue? midday wednesday 26th October.......3 weeks now of being fobbed off.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? PERMANENT FOR 3 WEEKS.

This has been going on for 3 weeks now you keep telling us you know about the problem and then claiming you need our details to sort it.....you don't you need to look at your own data and your own masts to fix the damn thing. This not our problem it is your's stop trying to contact us via our mobiles because that is the whole reason why we're complaining WE CAN'T USE THEM.

So 3 weeks no mobile coverage is a disgrace.  This is a rural area and Vodafone is not providing an acceptable service as indicated in their Service Agreement. Customers have the right to cancel their contracts early with no penalty because they have failed their customers.

this incidence cannot continue and will be reported to Ofcom.

i and your customers have the right to compensation and I will now expect that.

a full explanation is required.

I wholeheartedly agree...totally unacceptable.This is the third time in the last 2 years we have lost Vodafone signal for a significant period of time.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We’re sorry that some of our customers in the area have been experiencing problems with coverage.  One of our local sites has developed a complex fault.  We continue to work hard to try and resolve the problem as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on our progress here.

In the meantime, our Wi-iFi Calling service is available to customers on selected price plans and compatible devices.

24 days with no service for this "pay as you go" customer.

Complex problem........I have a bad feeling about that comment.  I hope Rahim is a real person and not an algorithm , poor bloke just given a scrip to read. Code for will cost Vodafone money? Can't be solved by pressing a button?

My MP contacted the Vodafone management, let's see if it makes any difference.