Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BD24 no signal at all

frust
4: Newbie

BD24 no signal at all

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? the whole of Settle and Giggleswick

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. bd24 9rg and beyond to cover the whole of settle and giggleswick

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? All vodafone sims in all phones

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? no service at all

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all there is no service at all for any vodafone customer

6) When did you first notice this issue? around midday wednesday 26th october

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We’re sorry that some of our customers in the area have been experiencing problems with coverage.  One of our local sites has developed a complex fault.  We continue to work hard to try and resolve the problem as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on our progress here.

In the meantime, our Wi-iFi Calling service is available to customers on selected price plans and compatible devices.

View solution in original position

73 REPLIES 73

This problem has lasted for 4 weeks. My 92 year old mother lives with us supported by a mobility alarm which has been of no use to us over this period due to this lack of signal which means I have been unable to leave the house. How much longer will this go on? 

I contacted MP Julian Smith and he has been in touch with Vodaphone management.  I have also just contacted the BBC 'You and Yours' as they are parcticulary good at rattling cages on behalf of people who get ignored by big business.

I would also suggest that it is worth ringing Ofcom Ombudsman they have some clout. 03304 401 614.

The service in Settle is still down - I think it's been about a month now. Any update from Vodafone? I got a text on Tuesday saying you were working on it....so?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Boxers @ARW We’re sorry that some of our customers in the area have been experiencing problems with coverage.  One of our local sites has developed a complex fault.  We continue to work hard to try and resolve the problem as soon as possible. We'll update you as soon as we can. 

In the meantime, our Wi-iFi Calling service is available to customers on selected price plans and compatible devices.

How do I get wifi calling? Will it operate in B D24 0JR?

Thanks

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vadafone2304 Apologies once again. 

We'll provide an update on the situation as soon as we can. 

@Gumdrop Check out our Wi-Fi Calling page for more information on the bundles and mobile phones that are compatible. 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@JoSettle wrote:

So 3 weeks no mobile coverage is a disgrace.  This is a rural area and Vodafone is not providing an acceptable service as indicated in their Service Agreement. Customers have the right to cancel their contracts early with no penalty because they have failed their customers.

Just to clarify this point. a signal failure in a specific location does not ever give us as customers the right to cancel a contract without a penalty. This is a mobile service and not a fixed line service and as long as you are able to get a mobile service somewhere they are fulfilling their obligation to us.

Also contacting MP's or anyone else won't make any difference either. If there's a fault there's a fault and sometimes they take a very long time to fix. 

Vodafone is poor at communicating with customers when problems like this occur so don't expect any updates until the problem is resolved.

If it affects your home address you will be entitled to compensation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

frust
4: Newbie

We've had zero service in Settle and Giggleswick for 10 days now.

Last time the service was down for anything other than brief maintence we had no service at all for 8 weeks and all we got was lies from Vodafone.

We are a rural area with a lot of people relying on their mobiles whilst they are working out and about. Carers, district nurses and others are currently uncontactable whilst they're out of office. You can't call for help if you need it because there's no service. Lives are at risk esepcially as the nights are closing in. Get it sorted vodafone!

Before you ask me to fill in the form here it is:

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? the whole of Settle and Giggleswick

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. bd24 9rg and beyond to cover the whole of settle and giggleswick

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? All vodafone sims in all phones

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? no service at all

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all there is no service at all for any vodafone customer

6) When did you first notice this issue? around midday Wednesday 26th October 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent...we had a similar issue last year and it was over 8 weeks before we got a usable signal having been fobbed off and lied to by vodafone the whole time. Hope this isn't history repeating itself!!!!!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@frust We're trying to fix an issue with your local 2G serving site (6762). 

Please register your details to our Network status checker to receive regular updates on the fix. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

BD24 9RG Now the 8th November and you are sending the same useless replies.  The mast is marked on your own map, it has been since the27th October. Can't your engineers find it?