Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BD24 no signal at all

frust
4: Newbie

BD24 no signal at all

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? the whole of Settle and Giggleswick

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. bd24 9rg and beyond to cover the whole of settle and giggleswick

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? All vodafone sims in all phones

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? no service at all

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all there is no service at all for any vodafone customer

6) When did you first notice this issue? around midday wednesday 26th october

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We’re sorry that some of our customers in the area have been experiencing problems with coverage.  One of our local sites has developed a complex fault.  We continue to work hard to try and resolve the problem as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on our progress here.

In the meantime, our Wi-iFi Calling service is available to customers on selected price plans and compatible devices.

View solution in original position

73 REPLIES 73

Now 10th November.

Rang the Ombudsman on 03304 401 614 to ask if they could help and they put me through to an Vodafone "engineer".  The "engineer" had no knowledge of the problem and once again informed me that coverage was OK, but  I suggested that they look at the map that shows faults.

Having spotted that there was a problem he said he would find out what was wrong, find if there was a "timescale" and send me a text to let me know........I pointed out that that would be a bit pointless.  Agreed to send me an email via landline by the end of the day.

Technically the Ombudsman can not proceed with a complaint until EIGHT WEEKS have passed (does that explain why it took 8 weeks to solve this "same" problem last year?).

Ring them anyway, they are very helpful and supportive.

03304 401 614

I have had an email from the "engineer".

To paraphrase it;

• They have been aware of the problem since 26th October
  • They are going to fix it
  • They "can't" (sic) tell me what the problem is
  • They "can't" (sic) tell me when it will be put right

So there we are.....exactly where we were on 26th October.

Make sure the Ombudsman knows about you, feels like the fining of Vodafone has had little effect on their provision of a service.  

The last time this happened (18 months ago perhaps?) I got Julian Smith on the case. That did seem effective and it was fixed within a couple of days. I also got a letter of apology from the Vodafone CEO's office.

Afraid I haven't got the time/energy to pursue that route at the moment though.

Day 15 with no service.

I'll send an email to Mr Smith.

Have never heard a thing from Vodafone management, they just dump it on their workers. Wonder how many engineers they have out in the real world rather than the call centres?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vadafone2304 @frust I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Boxers Please can you let us know if you're experiencing issues within this area?

Hi again Rahim.  I have gone through all of this three times for you.  Have spoken directly to the "call centre" and have had email from them confirming that we have no signal, we assume because of a transmitter/repeater failure, but Vodafone cannot tell us what it is.

When you find out put it on here, there are hundreds of us looking at this forum, we all have the same problem.  This includes nurses, carers, midwives, doctors, patients as well as buisnesses and the elderly.

I have contacted our MP Julian Smith.

Hi Rahim

Yes same problem for me and all the other 2000 people who live here!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vadafone2304 Sorry to hear this. 

If you change your mind and would like us to help, please follow the instructions from the private message I sent previously. 

@Boxers I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

vadafone2304
4: Newbie

No service available in most of Settle, though does connect across the valley in Giggleswick.  Vodfone have it down as an unexpected fault and have said that I will get an email when sorted......that was 27th October, now 1st November.  Yes played with the sim etc etc the phone works fine .... when there is a service.

Remember 2015?  Eight weeks without a service an never an explanation from Vodafone.  Looks like fining them hasn't worked.

Hi

Totally understand its frustrating when signal fails or is intermittent. 

May I ask have you checked your masts via the network Checker and also registered for updates. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.