Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BD3 - Bradford

rockstar442
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I only notice it happening at work.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

BD3 9QT

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

This issue has been ongoing since I moved to Vodafone in September 2015, I have been through this process before and was advised to get a new SIM card, which I did, but that hasn't solved the problem.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Websites/apps load slowly if at all, when I do a speed test it is very unstable.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

It happens on 4G, if I switch to 3G it seems fine.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Within a few months of moving to Vodafone in September 2015, the service will be fine continuously for a number of weeks or even months but then there'll be a few days with terrible 4G speeds despite being in the same location.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Intermittent, when it does occur it tends to last for a few days.
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

The network checker isn't showing issues for local or surrounding masts. 

Appreciate you've had your sim swapped. May I ask if the issue is the same when trying a different phone. 

Regarding the location. 

Things I know can affect signal are growing trees and new leaves, new buildings or d tensions to existing ones. Population growth and if the building had reflective windows this can affect signal. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rockstar442 I've had a look into your local serving site (349) and can see a potential issue relating to your post. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

rockstar442
Hi, I filled in the form via the link you sent me.
Just to let you know, in case it help in any way, my 4G speeds today are perfectly fine. My download speeds are between 20-25 Mbps compared to about 3 last week. Nothing has changed, I'm still in the exact same place in the building etc...
The annoying thing is I know for a fact that it will be fine for a few days/weeks/months and then it will be dodgy again for a few days.
I hope this helps solve the issue.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rockstar442 I've checked our inbox and can't see an email from the registered email address on your account. 

You should've received an automated email from us to say that we've received your email and a unique case reference (#12345678). 

If you have this, please post the reference in reply on this thread so we can chase it up, if you've not received this, you'll need to re-submit the form as we won't have received your email. 

rockstar442
Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I've tried submitting the form 5 times now... it seems to send properly but I haven't received an automated email from you.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rockstar442 Please try the following steps: 

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.

- Try an alternative email address (particularly if you're using a Yahoo account, as this can sometimes cause issues).
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also that you include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters. 

rockstar442
I tried and still couldn't send it and can't be bothered going through the effort again, just to let you know the 4G speeds are terrible again today as they were last Friday and Saturday.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rockstar442 - We’ve tested the emails this morning and everything seems to be working for us.

We do need this information in order to investigate further - if you can follow the steps/suggestion Alex posted above, we’ll be able to look into this.

rockstar442
I tried again, it actually said it had sent this time but I haven't received a confirmation email.