Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BS48 Bristol Airport

kab242
4: Newbie

Always a poor signal outside main terminal and in nearby hotel where phone says 'no service' often.

Other phones the same.

Permanent.

2G/3G/4G.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @kab242

Using the Vodafone Network Checker I see it says....

"We've fixed an issue in this area recently. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - things should have been back to normal since 5.12am 18 May 2017"

It can sometimes take a few further days for the masts to fully settle. 

The checker also shows the postcode being in a fringe coverage area for 3G. 

Vodafone Network Checker Link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks,

A better postcode which actually is the affected area is BS48 3DY.

This shows no issues.

I'm getting either 'No service' or 1 bar indoors when set to 2G only.

Vodafone's mast-sharing partner have an option to show mast locations on their coverage checker which is useful.

Looks like Vodafone don't share their mast on Hyatts Wood Road to the north of the airport.

I' m curious why there are also frequent comments on this site about things taking a few days to get back to normal after fixing issues.

Why is that please?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kab242 I've checked the serving site (38993) for the postcode you've provided and it's performing correctly. 

When a site has had a fault and the issue is then resolved, the site may take a few days to become stable again on the network - during this time you may experience slight dips in performance. 

Same problem as always today.

Either 1 bar 2G/3G/4G or no service indoors.

2 other networks have full signal indoors and even the 4th. that is notorious for poor indoor coverage manages reasonable signal.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kab242  Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

I cannot paste the template, so same information below.

Postcode BS48

1) One location- Bristol Airport

2) BS48 3DY

3) Yes

4) No signal or maximum one bar indoors

5) All

6)  4 weeks ago on first visit after changing to Vodafone

7) Permanant 24 hours a day

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kab242 -  I’ve checked the coverage in your area and can see that there is 2G available.

You are however, on the edge of the 3G and 4G coverage - if you change your settings to ‘2G only’, this should help.

I’ve checked your local site (38993) again and can see that it’s still performing correctly. This looks to be due to the general coverage in the area and not a fault on the network.

You can keep and eye on our UK coverage checker, for any changes planned in the area.

Thank you.

2G setting only on the phone makes no difference.

I am leaving Vodafone soon because of this, and Vodafone is also only 2G at one of my regular locations where 4G is supposed to be.