Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Birmingham Planned Maintenance

humzashakeel
4: Newbie

Hi

Ive seen that there has been quite a lot of maintenance work done and more planned over next few days in birmingham and was wondering what the maintenance entails beyond what the network coverage map says which is not very detailed. Is it possible that 2600 is being rolled out more widespread? i came across a new 4g+ site today which coincides with the timing of the maintenance that has taken place within that area in city centre so curious to know if 2600 is being deployed more?

Regards

Hamzah

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Vodafone are pretty tight lipped on info so I would suggest to check after the works have been completed to see if the network coverage section info has changed in any way. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

nikiandemma
7: Helper
I wonder if a 2600 enabled site at a certain postcode shows a different speed on the map or whether it still says the basic 800 speed.

A few months ago there was planned maintenance for one evening all over my area on about 15 sites, mainly monopoles, but didn't see any change afterwards. @Phonemast said it could have been VoLTE provisioning.

humzashakeel
4: Newbie
@nikiandemma hi the.map doesn't show different speeds got 2600 enabled sites I know where the 2600 sites are and I've checked on the map and it gives the same speed on the map compared to non 2600 sites/areas at least that's the case in Birmingham

nikiandemma
Well that's another check ticked off the list! Thanks for confirming 👍🏼