Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CA11 - Penrith

Awestern88
2: Seeker
Apparently you have to post in here and not directly to Vodafone, that makes sense.

1) happens all over Penrith

2) all of CA11 as far as I can tell

3) happens on two different phones and two different SIM cards

4) Does not load any data in 3G when it says 3G is available

5) only appears to happen on 3G. 4G works but uses up data faster. 3G works fine and I want to keep using it.

6) about a week ago

7) Appears to be permanent.
12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

By filling out the initial template the answers will help the Vodafone Team here to help. 

In the interim you could check your postcode in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Awestern88
It always since it is available and on both phones says I'm connected to 3G but it will never load any data.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

OK. 

When you commute away from your area does connection happen OK?

If yes then your sim card and phone would point to being played. 

If No then the generic advice would be to try another phone with your sim card in and another Sim Card in your phone. Then a sim swap to replace the current sim card if necessary. 

The sticking point here is that it's happening with two sim cards and phones. 

I'd hang in there while the team catch up with your thread and engage with you here. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Awestern88
I'm not sure what you're talking about to be honest!

All I know is it's 2 phones, with different SIM cards (both held under the same billing account, just different connections if that makes sense?)

Any time my phone says it has 3G signal in the CA11 area it won't load any internet/data up and I need to turn on airplane mode and turn it back off to kind of push it into 4G signal again.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Awestern88 Please verify your full postcode. 

If you're not comfortable with posting it on here, please update the bio section within your profile so that it's included. 

Have updated my profile. 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Awestern88 Thank you for updating your profile. 

So we're able to investigate your local 3G serving site (37694), please get in touch with our team using the details from the private message I've sent. 

Hi im in the penrith area also and i get this problem as well, now i have been with EE/T-mobile all my life untill i got the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 purely for the FHD screen and this was a good move for the phone but for the network it was the worst move ever, sadly, looks like im going to have to sell it to go back on EE.

Awestern88
And they expect us to go around in circles filling in god knows how many things just to find out the problem. It's a joke, should it not be the responsibility of the network to make sure it's available and not the customers?! Sorry I have more to do than fill in endless surveys etc!