Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CV35 - WARWICK

B_Tank88
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just seen in CV35 so far.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

CV35 0RR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Can't test this yet.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, just no data connectivity in 4G. The 4G symbol is shown with 2 bars, but the data doesn't work, i.e. no webpage loads no speedtests work. Using 3G does work though. I have seen this issue today for last 3 hours.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only 4G so far. Not on 3G. Not tested 2G. Only on mobile data.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

3 Hours ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent so far, for last few hours.

Using a Galaxy Note 3.

52 REPLIES 52

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Andehh13 wrote:

Also sent, PM'd it back to you and submitted the ticket.

Do please be aware that the eForum Team don't reply to Private Messages. As you submitted your details via the webform, you will have received an automated email reply with a reference number. Please keep that email safe as the number can be used to trace your message

PWIAC

It's happening again right now, phone is on H and no response from data at all for past 30 mins.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@B_Tank88 We've recently fixed an issue within your area on 22 November 2016 at 10.59am. 

Please note it can take an additional 24 hours for the network to stabalise after a fix has been completed. 

Let us know if you're still having issues. 

B_Tank88
Thanks I'll keep an eye on it. What was the problem?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@B_Tank88 It was an issue which appeared to be affecting calls, however may have been having a knock on effect with data. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Guys your network in this area is pathetic. Once again I find myself 'H+' speeds refusing to handle data.

I have had issues with connecting to my emails, and my signal suddenly dropping off to zero, before coming back again minutes later.

This is sporadic and seems to come and go with no real pattern, making it impossible to try and relay anything useful to you. I believe it is simply over congested towers, leading to insufficient bandwidth for users.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andehh - Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, in and aroune this area. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

CV35 0RR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Not sure.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

None at all.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

3G/H+ mainly, it will show FULL signal/very strong signal - but nothing loads/no Data

6) When did you first notice this issue?

It happens several times a month, for several hours at a time. It's when I have nothign else to go that I come on here to report it *again*.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Intermittent, Usualy late mornring/early afternoon onwards. (until I go home anyway)

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andehh I've checked local serving site (38284) and it's performing correctly. 

When in this area, you may find it beneficial to manually change your mobile data settings down to 2G/3G if your device is struggling to load data on the higher speeds. 

You can also keep checking back on our network status checker for any planned upgrades. 

Hi Alex, 

It's work fine now, but at 2.30pm on the 30th, is certainly wasn't. Are you able to view historial records for your network load, to see what the issue was at that time?

I have tried manually locking my phone to 23/3g/4g etc, but the problem is if the 4G isn't reliable as is, and the 3G has insufficient bandwidth - then 2G isn't going to help me access emails/the internet....

I still believe it is a network tower or two that is heavily congested. It just seems to happen often enough that someone should look at expanding the capacity in this area....?