cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complete rip off!! 2months and still waiting for complaints department to contact me

CRAPphone
2: Seeker
Meant to get 4g Internet in thetford huh old contract was fine since upgrading I rarly get internet full stop. I pay £50 a month for intermittent Internet which is more no connection than connected. No one at vodafone helps, live chat are pointless don't know why they have live chat, other staff in general fail to listen or are just unhelpful. You go round in circles just to be left infuriated and problems unsolved. Complaints department is a mission in its self to get hold of then they dont bother to contact you. £50 per month for what???
9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I appreciate it's frustrating when speeds and signal are intermittent or non existent. 

For the Vodafone Tech support team to help you can I please ask you to complete the template and post back here. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

Further advice in http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-queries-frequently-asked-questions/m-p/254048...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CRAPphone

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

CRAPphone
It has just taken me best part of an hr to get on here!!

I have tried trouble shooting several times, nothing works.

On network mode I click LTR/3g/2g (auto connect) i go onto internet it gives me:-
This web page is not available

Hide details
The server at forum.vodafone.co.uk can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Internet from accessing the network.
Reload this web page
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings
Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling network prediction
If it is already listed as a programme that is allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working.
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

On network mode I click 3g I go onto internet and I get unable to access network

In and around my house this happens ip243nn.

Before updating my contract I never had any problems with accessing the internet.

I don't have another phone that will take this sim card so can't try it in another phone.

Suresignal is not available in thetford as I have already asked in store at vodafone in Bury St Edmunds.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CRAPphone Please can you confirm if  you're able to get 3G/4G data in areas other than your home address (IP24 3NN)? 

CRAPphone
I can get 4g in parts of thetford but I have to walk about 10mins away from ip243nn

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CRAPphone I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contacted our team.

How can I give you all information you were asking for if my phone won't hold internet connection long enough.
You've asked when the problem occurs it occurs all the time. You asked for alternative phone number I only own 1 phone.
Can't speak on phone cos vodafone can not deal with me as the account is not in my name although I am a named person on the account with permission to speak.
Internet connection is more off than on.
Also people keep telling me they have phoned me several times yer my phone has no log of any calls being received. Example my daughter called my phone yesterday 6 times my phone did not ring once.
£51.00 per month for a phone with unreliable network coverage. Annoyed, frustrated and fed up with Vodafone!

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

Just a thought from a fellow customer but (knowing I've done this myself previously in desperate times) if you don't have enough internet signal to complete the form with the details they need to investigate then Thetford Library seems to be a short journey from you and has computer access available - its a bit random but thought if no other internet service was available to you then at least it would get the ball rolling with completing the necessary details.... I realise its not how you'd want to do things necessarily but just an idea in case. 🙂  I know I've requested a call back within certain times of the day too - not always possible I'll agree but if you even had a friend or relative available with their mobile at that time then that allows you access to an alternative number.  Worst case scenario with no alternative phone, I've found they were able to give me some instructions to update my phone, allowed me to drop the call for a few minutes to do the necessary and then called me back to go through the next  steps.  I hope you get some resolve soon. 🙂

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CRAPphone - I understand the signal issues you’re facing, mean it’s difficult to send this information through - however without these details, we won’t be able to investigate further, or raise a case with our Network Engineers.

Please try sending the email when you’re next able to connect to Wi-Fi.