Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting to BASE network in Belgium

JimmyCauty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Looking for a bit of help with using an iPhone 7 in Belgium...

I have been using both Proxima and Orange B over the last week without issue. Calls, texts and data all fine.

I am now in a part of Belgium where the only network available is BASE, and my handset refuses to connect to it. I have tried turning off automatic network selection, it finds BASE, and lets me select it - but will not actually pick up a signal.

My colleagues who have UK EE, 3 and O2 handsets have no issue at all, and get almost a full signal with a strong 3G signal too!

Any ideas?...

Thanks, Jimmy.

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It may well be that Vodafone and Base don't have a roaming agreement between them.

Roaming needs a partnership between the two networks - it doesn't just happen automatically.

Perhaps one of the tech team can tell us if Vodafone and Base has a roaming agreement.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

nikiandemma
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi,

Per the link below (given to me courtesy of @bandofbrothers) then VF do have an agreement with BASE, although only 3G on 2100 and 4G on 1800 are showing. Maybe you're receiving a stronger 2G and thus the agreement with BASE does not cover 2G. Just a thought..

http://maps.mobileworldlive.com/network_info.php?nid=75&org_id=245&cid=39#rpartners

Regards

Nick

I would be very careful taking too much heed of that website.

If you are attempting to connect to a non preferred partner, sometimes you have to attempt to connect to it a number of times consecutively, ~5.

I couldn't use Base 4G certainly.