cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DSL down for an hour, is this supposed to be a regular thing?

Bobsburgers
2: Seeker
Been with Vodafone fixed broadband for just over a month, gotta say pretty atrocious in comparison to former ISP (BT). DSL seems to drop out regularly. Sits spamming the log with "PPPoE PADI sent" for the WAN connection. Lower speeds than previous ISP, not getting the speed I am paying for.

Then there's the god aweful router which I insists on hijacking the "could not connect" page despite having custom DNS on all devices that don't point to it, thus breaking all my saved tabs. Would replace with a custom if I could
Definitely not a service for power users or even normal users, will be recommending people avoid and a lot of locals and customers come to me for advice.

I'm probably a little pissy as I was in the middle of working and this isn't the first time. Shame I was so busy the first few weeks and didn't notice this. The thought of being tied into this for another 17 monthly is horrifying. Atleast I know not to move my mobile contracts over now!
7 REPLIES 7

Sgthalen
1: Seeker
When did your dsl go down, mine has done the same, been flashing slow red for awhile now.

Bobsburgers
Around 23:00, cleaners must have unplugged the server's on their way out

Sgthalen
Yeah that's about the same time as mine, ain't come back on yet, thought I was going mad as router won't connect, sort of glad someone else is also affected, but no notice from Vodafone or way of checking if the service is down.

Bobsburgers
Yeah that is really frustrating. Most other ISPs have atleast a maintenance or service webpage. Not that I think they would have anything on it.

Sgthalen
And of course there is no live chat support at this time of night, the customer service with Vodafone sucks big time

Waraiotoko
I'm in the same boat here, came home from work and other half has told me it's been off for quite a while tonight.. Still flashing away

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

Please speak with our dedicated Live Chat broadband team and they can look into everything further.