Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DT3 - Portesham

mark-ellis
4: Newbie

Why is it so difficlult to submit a ##~## network report?

Post Title: 'DT3 Portesham

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 5 miles

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. DT3 4HG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? E signal strength. Calls cut out

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? Not able to get 2G, 3G or 4G as offered signal is only E

6) When did you first notice this issue? 12/6/17

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent all day, every day due to mast too far away

12 REPLIES 12

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mark-ellis I've checked your local serving site (87594) and it looks to be performing correctly.

Looking into your area, you should get a good 4G connection - so we can look into this further, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

The usual waffle then. Surprised that you didn't tell me to restart my device.

You've had all the details of this fault. I've had to mess around creating this account and now you want to make me jump through even more hoops. 
The Vodafone Network at DT34HG is showing as E instead of 2G, 3G or 4G on two phones. I've never seen any 4G notificaation on either of my phones.
That is all the information that you need to investigate this properly and sort this, so please get on and sort it

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mark-ellis The information required for us to look into this for you, was included in the private message.

Once you've submitted this via the form, we'll be more than happy to assist further. 

We ask for the information I've sent as if we can't find a fault directly, we then use this information to raise a case with our Network engineers - in order to investigate further. 

It's tosh isn't it.

You've had the details.

You've sent me two dead messages that have the defaul text "Click here to send your details through to my team." but have failed to link the text to anything - so you can click all day and nothing will happen.

So instead of messing cutomers about asking us to register with this forum and then expecting us to complete forms - who don't you just make the form available directly off the website?
Mean whilst, as reported - the reception in area DT3 4HG is only covered by signal strength E instead of G

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mark-ellis - Apologies for this not showing clearly in the PM. The link is on the word ‘here’.

I’ve resent it today – the link should be more visible now.

Once we’ve got the info requested, we can look into everything further.

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for another message of Tosh.

Instead of ##~## me about, put the link to the form in your response to this post instead of flaffing around with messages.
And get your act together

Still waiting for Vodafone to post the link to the report form on this thread - even though you've already been given all the information that you need.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mark-ellis This isn't something we'd public post - which is why we send it via private message.

As you're still having issues with this, I've sent you a new private message with an alternative link.

Let us know how you get on.

Alex, being embarrsed about your failing and lack of network, and hiding the fault reporting page is not a mature attitude for Vodafone to take.

It is pointless for you and your colleauges to repeatedly sending me standard template messages when you can't be bothered to check if the link is incliuded and working in the message.

So stop ##~## me about, grow up and give me the long url text for the fault reporting page.