Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EH12 - South Gyle, Edinburgh

danny01236
3: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes - around 1 mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

EH12 9FQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes. Other colleagues in my team on Vodafone also having same issues, My company phone has the same symptoms.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No 4G coverage. 1 bar 3G rotating to E

(Usually always have full streghth 4G)

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Last Week

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanant

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Your local masts look fine bit on checking surrounding masts I see "

We're doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you notice any disruption. We're expecting to have things back to normal by 6pm 25 Jan 2017. Everything else should be working fine.~"

Issues with surrounding masts can occasionally have an impact on local masts if Vodafone are re routing signal to compensate. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@danny01236 I've checked your 3G/4G serving site, however was unable to see any performance related issues. 

If you're still experiencing issues, please contact us directly using the details from the private message I've sent. 

Done as advised. Error is now constant.

Additionally, I'm told a Vodafone engineer was at my location within the last 6 months due to reports of signal interference. He had a large aerial so I believe Vodafone may already be aware of this issue, which is still not resolved.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@danny01236 - I can see we've got your email and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

danny01236
Thank you :Smiling:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@danny01236 I've replied to your most recent email. :smileyhappy:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We've recently resolved a nework fault in this area under INC2817317, please let us know if you're still having trouble. :smileyhappy:

Just found this post.

I am still having 4G issues in South Gyle. Very Slow / Unresponsive.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jitsuka Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.