Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EH37 No proper 4G reception

peterbr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

EH37 Edgehead

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) What is the full postcode EH37 5RJ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Very low signal level for 4G, sometimes even 3G is bad.

Voice connections are frequent of bad quality

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Mostly 4G and 3G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Long time ago, but getting really fedup with it now

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

Edgehead lies on a hill slope and seems to be in the 'shadow' of the signal reception.( At least in and around our house) In Pathhead village, a bit fourther south,I always get full 4G reception.

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. The network checker indicates that they have been working in your area, hopefully this will sort your issues out, it can take a day or two to settle down after work has been ongoing.

63johnw

Screenshot_2017-01-10-16-34-31.png

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peterbr Please let us know if the recent improvements within your area have improved your 3G and 4G coverage. 

Unfortunately no improvements on the signal strenght in and around the house.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peterbr The coverage may be limited within your area due to the landscape. 

I've taken a look at your local serving site (33677) and can see it's performing as expected, with no faults which would be impacting your service. 

You'll be able to see any potential coverage upgrades to your area by keeping an eye on the 'View planned coverage' section of our Network status checker

I hope it is not left to potential upgrades.

It would be a definite for me to look for other providers if the situation is not going to change

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peterbr That's a shame to hear. 

Any changes to the coverage within your area will be shown on our Network status checker

We also offer Wi-Fi Calling along with our Sure Signal device to help with coverage indoors.