Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full 4G, but mobile data not working?

LeeFitzpatrick
3: Seeker
Hi everyone,

Regardless of location, I get great signal on both 3G and 4G, but get no access to data. I've reset the iPhone 7 Plus I have, reset all network settings, checked with Vodafone and they ensure me all APN settings are setup correctly.

I've also done a software update on the phone. Has anyone got any other suggestions? It seems to work fine for a day or so then it doesn't work the next few days after that.

Regards,

Lee
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Can you try your Vodafone Sim Card in another phone to see if it allows access to internet connection as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault.

Can you also try another Vodafone Sim Card in your phone to see if it works.

If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

LeeFitzpatrick
Hi Band,

I was going to do this before but decided not too as thought the issue would rectify itself. However, after putting my SIM card in my girlfriends phone, the data still didn't work. I used her sim in mine and it worked perfectly on Vodafone 4G.

So I'm assuming a new sim is needed then.

Hi,

It's certainly possible that a sim swap will help if the SIM card is at fault. Any Vodafone Highstreet Store will do this for you. 

It may also be beneficial to check your online myvodafone to ensure no data bar is in place. 

Also customer service on 191 or Live Chat can check your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@LeeFitzpatrick You'll be able to pick up a new SIM from your local Vodafone store

Once you've got a new SIM, you'll then be able to complete a SIM swap online. 

If you have any issues after, please let us know and we'll investigate further. 

LeeFitzpatrick
Hi everyone, the store suggested a Disconnection / Reconnection. They stated it would take up to 24 hours, it's been longer than that now since the disconnection.

When should I expect to be reconnected again?

@LeeFitzpatrick If you haven't been reconnected yet, please get in touch by following the instructions in my PM.

Thanks