Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do you unlock the ALCATEL pixi4 SSID

John1barker
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new tablet   ALCATEL pixi4 with the SSID MW40V and know one know how to unlock it Vodafone keep telling me it is a phone and you can not get any sense .

it is a TABLET not a PHONE .

is there anyone who can help please I need to unlock to SSID  MW40V

the IMEI no is not allowed

there telling me this dose not work but it is the no under the battery so can anyone tell me the answer 

8 REPLIES 8

NedFlanders1984
6: Helper
6: Helper

Hi @John1barker

If your tablet is under a contract by Vodafone, I would suggest to wait if anything goes wrong with it and you unlock it, it may affect the warranty.

There is a few ways for ALCATEL however, its very complicated where you would been to flash your phone and dow whats called a "Hard Reset" Basically put the device back to the factory settings before it goes to a Network.

(Also if you have it on contract Vodafone will do it for free after 6 months I think)

There is also a few companies on Ebay who will do do it for a small fee, they will walk you through it.

I am surprised you are not seeing the IMEI - Try this for me and see what you get.

From any home screen, tap Apps - Settings. Tap About tablet. Tap Status. See if that works.

Cheers

Hi @John1barker

You should be able to use this links info and online form. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Unlocking-your-phone-NUC/td-p/2421880

If you get stuck Live Chat or customer service on 191 can help. 

They can also provide a direct email address for the Nuc Department if necessary so you can email them direct. 

Unlocking your device will have no detrimental effect on its warranty status.

I would strongly suggest against using an online unlocking solutions company as in my own experience they can leave a person with a poor unlocking solution or no actual unlock and either no refund or a fight to obtain a refund. I do submit I'm sure some have been fine going down this avenue so it's up to you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @John1barker

When you complete the form, tick all the boxes.  On the drop down menu for the make of phone, when you scroll down, you will see Vodafone data services.

This will solve your unlocking.

As I have said before it dose not work with tablets you can not find ALCATET

even Vodafone can not tell me why it is not on the list 

I got it from them and they do not know how to unlock it ,all I want is the password 

it is not admin,so I am going round in circles 

they sell you it but can not answer the question 

The unlock form dose not allow for a tablet there is no ALCATEL. In the list ,also it is for phones not tablets

AnnS

Hi @John1barker

As mentioned you choose Vodafone Data Services. This option will get the unlock processed for your device.

Vodafone can not give me an answer all I want is the password ,all they keep saying is fill out the unlock form ,but the form dose not have ALCATEL in its listing  ,it is only for phones not tablets  I do not think they can help it it is something they have to think about ,it is like a record they say the same thing every time I have contacted them

they sold it to me but I can not access the SIM card 

they come up with the IMEI no and that has been give to them. 5 time  also the NCK no 

so I am stook 

It is a tablet not a phone the IMEI no I have also I have the NCK no but I am not allowed to print them

ALCATEL is not listed in the unlock lists why I do not know nether do Vodafone  

it is like a record now with Vodafone they say the same thing ever time and it dose not work because it is a tablet with a SSID witch has the SIM card and the IMEI no

so l am lost ,why am I paying for a SIM card and can not use it ?