Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ipad not picking up network at home

mainmarine
4: Newbie

why can't i get vodafone network on my iPad at home but the same Sim payg works on in my dongle at home, I have just been to the Vodafone shop and it works fine in there but the girl I spoke to said there were different sim cards for i pads and dongles. The sim  is a payg data sim which i have been trying to use since December 2016.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mainmarine - Different networks operate on different frequencies - therefore the coverage provided by each provider does vary.

View solution in original position

58 REPLIES 58

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You won't hear from Vodafone again as they don't unlock Apple products - Apple does!

You need to put a sim from a different network in the iPad and hopefully you will see a message telling you that the device has been unlocked. If you get any other message it means it hasn't been unlocked yet and then it's a waiting game.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thanks my Three sim is still not accepted but it does show 2 bars and 4G,  it is over a month now I have been waiting, how do I chase it up and get my ipad unlocked?

jeffkinn

You have to start with customer services and try and ge them to connect you with the network unlock team.

Did you pay the £19.99?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks. I did not pay the £19.99 as a moderator on this forum told me that it was now free and that I had been sent an old message regarding the charge.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mainmarine If your iPad is showing a 4G connection whilst using a Three SIM, then this will indicate your device has been unlocked. 

If the iPad was still locked then it would display 'No service' when attempting to use a different SIM. 

thanks, when I get to the set up page on my ipad it says "the sim card currently installed, is from a carrier not supported under the activation policy for this device" which I assume means it is still locked to vodafone, although it shows two bars and 4 G as soon as I insert the sim card, it dissapears after a few seconds. I have applied again for an unlock and it now states that I have to wait between two and ten days to recieve an unlock code, although I was told on your chat line that it would be done by the 8th

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mainmarine Please let us know if you require any further help after the 10 working days have passed. 

Finally got my iPad unlocked from Vodafone, now working on Three with a two bar signal at home.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Malc

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mainmarine That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. :Smiling: