Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5s 3G 4G signal disconnecting

alexove1990
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Iphone 5s, 3G/4G keeps dropping out I would say at least every minute. taking 10 seconds to reconnect. Sometimes this leads to phone calls being cut off or not being able to make calls. and of course making it difficult to browse web, load e-mails etc.

I have tried updating the carrier setting changing to and from automatic using online guide and over the phone from vodafone - no fix. 

I have tried resetting phone various ways under guidance over the phone from apple. - no fix.

I went into a Vodafone shop and they gave me a new sim card to try - no fix. The guys in the shop said it might be the phone but as it is no longer under warranty would have to be looked at by apple for a cost. I don't understand how a hardware error would effect the data signal if it has it sometimes and not others and not convinced it isnt a Vodafone issue. 

Fine when connected to Wifi.

I have had this issue since January all the time, so am sure it is not location dependant, in fact I think it may have started when I went to France. It is very frustrating for me. I am at a loss for a fix.

Is this a known hardware issue with Iphones?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a fix? - any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Thanks, Alex.

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you replicate the same experience if you put the SIM in a different phone?

Clearly either a hardware or a network issue. If you can duplicate it with a different device it'd certainly point to it being a Vodafone / network / number issue.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

I've tried a new SIM card in the same phone - I guess this would point at being a hardware issue then.

I'll try it in another phone when I can, see if it makes a difference.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alexove1990

Please try the SIM in another phone to see if you experience the same issues. 

Let us know how you get on.