Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

KY10 - Crail, Fife

Mfoneill71
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Unable to make or answer calls indoors and on the rare occasion I do they drop.  The coverage is dire and the phone is useless.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

KY10 3TT

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, I have 2 phones, both Vodafone and both useless 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

1. Call failure when trying to make a call. Callers can't hear me on incoming calls, 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? It has always been poor but has got considerably worse over the past few months, 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? It's permanent 
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mfoneill71

The Vodafone Mast Checker does not report any known issues for both local or surrounding masts. 

It does show that your in a fringe coverage area however. 

Try turning off 4G and 3G in the phones settings to force it onto 2G which may help stabilise calls. 

Interim options could be the Sure Signal Device that creates a 3G signal in the home and costs a one off £69. 

Or Calling Over Wifi maybe an option if your on an eligible contract type and accepted mobile phone. 

Both work off Home Broadband Wifi. 

Links > 

Vodafone Network Checker.

Sure Signal.

Vodafone Calling Over Wifi.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mfoneill71 -  I’ve checked the coverage in your area 2G, 3G and 4G are all a little patchy.

Your local site (11666) is performing fine.

As @BandOfBrothers suggested, changing your phone's settings to 2G only may help improve the coverage you receive.

As this is due to general coverage and not a fault, you could buy a Sure Signal to use at home as this would provide you with 3G. You can also keep an eye on our UK coverage checker for any changes planned in the area.