Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

L25 - Woolton, Liverpool

JamesRoberts330
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Approx 1 mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

L25 5NG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes in both iPhone 5S and iPhone 6S

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Either "No Service" or very slow loading internet pages and mufled conversations using voice.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

3G and 4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

About 2 weeks ago now

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Mainly intermittent, too frequent to track. Mainly indoors but even 4G coverage is supposed to be excellent in my area.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Your local masts are indication they are OK but surrounding masts are reporting issues. 

This can occasionally have an impact on local masts if network traffic is really routed. 

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It has now been identified and we’re working hard to fix it. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

A person can Register for Updates in the link. 

To add once it's showing as cleared up then it can sometimes take a few days to settle down. 

Weather conditions and mast congestion can play a part too. 

I hope this clears up for you asap. 

Sometimes turning the phone Off and On to refresh network connection can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If my local masts are ok why should my signal be affected by surrounding masts that are miles away from my home address?

The network coverage map says that I should have excellent 2G, 3G and 4G coverage indoors and outdoors however when I am inside using BOTH iPhone 6S and my old iPhone 5S I get one or two bars 4G upstairs and that quickly gets lost when I go downstairs and resorts to 3G or even E.

Also would it be possible to confirm where my closest mast is please and I will get closer to it and see if that makes a difference.

@JamesRoberts330 I can see that we'll be doing some work within your area on 23 January 2017 to help improve your calls, texts and data coverage. 

Apologies if you notice any disruption. 

We're expecting to have things back to normal by 23 January 2017 at 6pm. 

Although the maintanence work isn't with your direct serving site, it can still have an impact on your coverage. Your coverage can also be impacted by various obstacles, such as house/build type, newly erected buildings and trees. 

Hi @Rahim @BandOfBrothers, while I do fully understand that on the website my local mast (wherever that is) is showing up as working ok is there any chance of it being looked into fully and escalated as a fault please, I get other masts miles away from where I live are down but can you explain HOW can they affect my coverage if my local mast is ok?

As I am living in the area I can say that I honestly have noticed a vast decline in 4G signal and coverage here for about 2-3 weeks now, plus my 3G signal isn't up to scratch aswell.

I have got to the point now that if it is not improved by the end of the month I will be leaving Vodafone and joining either O2 or Three.

Thanks.

Hello @JamesRoberts330

It's my belief that if surrounding network mast(s) are at issue then this can have impact issues on other local mast(s) as Vodafone perhaps compensate by re routing signal around to other mast(s). 

Then issues such as Mast Congestion can occur if then lots of people access that Mast(s) at approximately the same time. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, I have been doing some research online and found these Vodafone cell sites close to where I live, could somene please tell me if they are still active and which ones are best for 4G coverage:

Cell Sites are: 3410 (closest mast to my home), 78377, 78378, 78379, 78385

Thanks.

James

@JamesRoberts330 - I’ve checked those sites and the following are active Vodafone sites:

Your 4G serving site at the postcode provided, is 84950.

As Lee advised above, if any surrounding sites are undergoing maintenance, this will result in more traffic on other sites in the area.

Hi Jenny,

Is is posible please to get the location of the 4G site you provided (84950), I have searched online and the only Vodafone mast with that reference is in Powys, Wales over 65 miles away from my home address which is surely wrong?!.

In all honesty though having been with Vodafone since 19 October 2007 I am truly starting to think my time as a loyal customer is very nearly over. I mean other networks are miles ahead of Vodafone providing their customers with VoLTE, 4G+ etc. I'm lucky to get 3G here let alone any of that.

Thanks

James.

@JamesRoberts330 The 4G site 84950 is located at Bellevale Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L27 7BR.

I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.