cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LL53 - Improve Data & Call coverage? Anything apart from going to another provider can we do?

jforshaw
1: Seeker

I'm a business customer and would like to be able to work occassionally from a remote location i.e. caravan. At best I mostly get 2G (or E) - occassionally if I stand on one leg, wave my left hand and watched a passing bird fly past I have had 4G. Being this is 2017 and not 1997 then I think this isn't great. I want to be able to access VPN etc. but unable.

Talking to your no.1 competitor they say thay have better coverage and maybe what I will need to consider...

However is there ANYTHING that I can do? The site does have broadband but it doesn't work - very poorly installed / maintained.

Is there any plans to have 4G (or even 3G) fully available at this location? Any timelines you can share that would make me think I would wait?

Or any device - 3rd party etc., that could help to boost my signal?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, vodafone do offer a sure signal device which uses your internet connection but if you have poor internet then I am not sure this would be any use for you.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/accessories/SKU75375-white

If you do look to swapping provider I would advise using a PAYG sim from them before switching just to make sure what they have said is true, I know a sales person wouldnt tell fibs just to get a sale ! :smileywink:

63johnw

Checking the network status you are on the edge of coverage and its not showing any planned upgrades in the next few months.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @jforshaw

Unfortunately all Mobile Networks have Not Spots and Fringe Coverage Areas. :Sad_face:

I certainly understand how frustrating it can be when Signal is intermittent or non existent. 

Vodafone has Calling Over Wifi for eligible Tariffs and phones too. 

More info in > Vodafone Calling Over Wifi.

One Ofcom link I found useful is Ofcom broadband and mobile checker app.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.