Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost signal

claireld
2: Seeker
I live in a rural area. I have never had signal at home but have always been able to get signal in the nearby village. Recently apparently our local mast has been 'turned up'. All my friends on EE are now delighted because they now have full signal/4G in the village. I have lost all signal and can get no service at all. Please explain!
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafone have provided a specific Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template that asks certain questions that will Help us and the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. Please would you re post the template with your answers.

Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

It's difficult to say what you can do if the Vodafone Highstreet Store staff didn't advise what they have done. 

Saying that a Sim Swap which moves your mobile number and Tariff to a new sim can occasionally take 24 hours. 

Turning the phone Off and On in those circumstances helps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@claireld If you're still having issues after the 24 hour period, please pop over to our Live Chat team.

claireld

My daughter has my old iPhone 5S and her account is linked to mine (Family+ ?). The phone says it has 4G but it will not link to the Internet. We took it into our local Vodafone shop and they did something which they said would take 24h but despite this we still don't have connection. We live in a rural area so it is not easy to get back to a Vodafone shop and we don't have 3G or phone signal at home with. Please advise is there's anything else we can try.

AnnS

Hi @claireld

I notice you have already queried signal coverage in your area on the thread below and have received a reply from to let you know 2, 3 and 4G is extremely limited.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/EX6-no-network-coverage/m-p/2519806#M158830

The only thing you can do is to register on the coverage checker. You will then be notified if there any future upgrades for the area.