Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

M3 Manchester

ihatevodafone11
1: Seeker
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? - no, it happens in various places.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.. M3 3AH

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? - Not tried, it is very intermittent. I can receive calls and then another day i don't receive any calls. I can try another phone as I don't have one. Sometimes I get calls, sometimes I don't and get texts about missed calls.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Just not getting calls, 90% of the time I am and then have days of nothing but texts about missed calls.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? A few months ago. My friend whats app me and asked why i was not answering. I was getting no call notification.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Intermittent

I keep missing calls. Important ones from doctors and work. Then a few hours later it can be fine, in the same seat... I've tried restarting my phone, changing network and loads of other methods thru technical support
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @ihatevodafone11

Via the Vodafone Network Checker this is being reported for your postcode. 

"We'll be doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you notice any disruption. We're expecting to start work on 8am 27 Feb 2017 and to have things back to normal by 6pm 27 Feb 2017. Everything else should be working fine.~"

Link > Vodafone Network Checker.

It can take a few days for a mast to fully settle.

However if this is happening in "various places" and these are away from your local and surrounding area  then the problem could be your Sim Card or your phone. 

Any Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace it via a Sim Swap.

This process takes from a few minutes but occasionally up to 24 hours to complete.  

Appreciate you do not have a different phone to test your SIM card in. Perhaps a friend , family member, work colleague or neighbour has one you could try. That or your Vodafone Store should be able to let your try it in an instore phone.

Doing this before a sim swap swap is something I would recommend. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add....

If you are missing calls to specific calls then check any Call Blocking Facility in your phone. 

Check with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat that nothing is amiss with your Account thst could be causing this. 

It's always worth also asking the people that are having issues calling you to check their phones Caller Blocking Facility in their phones etc. 

Try turning off 4G and 3G in your phones settings to force 2G which is known to help stabilise calls. 

For Home use a Sure Signal will help but does have a £69 one off purchase cost.  Link > Sure Signal.

Or if on an eligible contract and accepted phone model there is Calling Over Wifi. 

I appreciate a Sure Signal would only help at home and not when your out and about and Calling Over Wifi only when your somewhere with Wifi. 

Link > Vodafone Calling Over Wifi.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.