Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

M32 Manchester

jl34
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? It just happens in and around my home. I have to travel about 15 minutes drive away to get any phone service or data coverage.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? m32 9lh

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? I haven't been able to try, no one else in my household has an iPhone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? It literally just says no service in the top left corner and only connects to wifi

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
All

6) When did you first notice this issue?
22nd December

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? It's permanent
9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Your local masts are reporting no known issues. 

However surrounding masts show....

' We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s still being worked on by our engineers. We'll update this page as soon as we know more.'

Issues from surrounding masts can sometimes cause signal issues for others if Vodafone re route network traffic to compensate.

Also Mast Congestion can affect masts which is where lots of people are accessing the masts at approximately the same time.

Try Rebooting your phone by turning it Off and On.  

A person can Register for updates Network Checker for Vodafone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jl34
Hi, I've rebooted my phone and registered for updates. I still get absolutely no service when at home. Countless live chats have helped with nothing, as each adviser gives different information

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jl34 Were you able to get service at home prior to 22 December 2016?

I've checked your local serving sites and can confirm that they are all performing as expected, with no dips in performance which would impact your service. 

If the issue is primarily inside your house, then this may be due to the build/material type of your property. 

You may benefit from either Wi-Fi Calling or a Vodafone Sure Signal

jl34
I've always been able to get good signal at home. I refuse to send an extra £50+ just to be able to the phone im already paying for. It's not just inside my house, it's in this area so isn't anything to do with the build of my house. I've been told engineers are being sent out, but have no idea when, or in fact what they're being sent out to do.
Each adviser I've spoken to has given me completely different information. That there's major issues, no issues at all. I'm starting to feel like I'm just being fobbed off

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jl34 This is something we can certainly investigate. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jl34 I can see that our Network team have recently been in touch to provide an update on our investigation. 

Our Network Engineers recently tested the network within your area, however were unable to locate any faults/issues with your local serving site. 

Should you experience any further issues, please let us know. 

jl34
The network team got in touch a couple of weeks ago and told it would be escalated, however I haven't heard back and am essentially paying for a redundant service.
I'm still experiencing further issues, which is why I got back in touch yesterday to see if my case was really being escalated or had merely been forgotten.
In four more weeks I'll just go to the ombudsman and get out of this pointless contract.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jl34 - As Rahim said above, our network engineers have tested the network in your area and were unable to find any faults.

If you wish to discuss your options further, please reply to the last email we sent.

jl34
You haven't sent me an email