Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ML8 - Crossford, Clyde Valley. No network availability for 18 hours

akmathieson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes - I get full 4G signal 5 miles away in Wishaw/Overtown

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

ML85SZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No network signal. Perfect signal in other transmitter areas.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Last night just before 10pm. Currently ongoing.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent issue. Now unacceptable. Lack of signal for 18 hours is entirely unwarranted and arguably a breach of contract, and I am discussing this with Ofcom. I am also wondering whether or not to renew my contract in April as this is the second signifcant area outage in the last couple of months. I have no incentive at the moment to do so as I do on call work from home for my local hospital and I require reliable network coverage, and with either three or four significant losses of coverage within the last year, I am not sure that I would appraise the coverage here as reliable.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

The Vodafone Network Checker is showing...

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s now being investigated. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

You can Register for updates in Vodafone Network Checker.

10.Credits or termination if there is a failure of the service
If we have to maintain our network or if there is a technical fault on our network that is caused by us, you may be entitled to a partial credit of your charges (based on the number of days you are without a service) or in certain circumstances where you receive a severely degraded service for an unreasonable period of time, terminate this agreement.

To receive a partial credit of your charges or terminate this agreement, you must report to us a disruption on our network which we reasonably assess that you use frequently, the disruption is severe and is assessed against your typical usage history. In addition, no alternative means of access to our network and services must be available to you (for example, using a Vodafone Sure Signal) for you to receive a credit or terminate this agreement.

From http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vftst052330.pdf

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I refuse to be drawn into the legalities of a contract here. Suffice to say that in April, I still have to review whether or not to stay with Vodafone, but look forward to being able to contact my family at some point over the next few hours.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@akmathieson I've just checked your local serving site (31125) and can see that the site has been experiencing issues. 

However, this issue is now resolved and the site is back up and performing as expected. 

Let us know if you're still having trouble and a member of the team will get back to you.