Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Phone Mast Planning Applications

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

We see a lot of posts on here from customers moaning about the coverage in their area - usually with good reason.

However, what people all too often forget about is that the networks always have an uphill battle with local authorities and resident during the planning process. We all want a good mobile signal but we don't want a mast anywhere near us. This story is typical

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/ashford-residents-never-right-object-9902290

As customers we need to get real - if we want to use phones we need to have masts in as many places as possible.

Or do we?  Thoughts?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

59 REPLIES 59

hrym

My broadband supplier (PlusNet) specifically recommends NOT turning your router off overnight in order to keep the connection up and running and the system not thinking there's a fault and reducing the speed.

jeffkinn

It's well known that turning a router on an off will stop you getting the best speed out of a broadband line.

It needs to be constantly on to get the best out of it. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

A recent mast application locally was passed on appeal to the planning inspectorate, part of the wording of the approval was a simple statement detailing the presence of a badger sett, a sett that’s in excess of 20 yrs old... did Vodafone take any head of the comment and the comments of many local residents - no, they simply started work with a digger. Amazingly there has not been a sign of a badger since but Vodafone’s contractor CTIL will now carry out a badger survey.

frankly the actions and response from Vodafone and CTIL are pathetic and call into question the integrity of both firms and the people involved.

any comments people ?

Many people live in rural areas in Spain and generally have healthier life styles and diets. Cities abroad are very much like our own, there is height for major equipment and smaller repeaters can be situated behind sign and in street furniture. 

Many people don’t want the intrusion of mobile phone masts and frankly the world can, contrary to telecommunications companies literature exist without constant , permanent connection to mobile phones, wifi etc....

DaddyPaul
4: Newbie
I'm not referring to turning the router off, but turning the wireless off. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

jeffkinn
That's a different matter. Apart from the Sure Signal all of my devices are Wi Fi and I'd never went to turn that off either.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

A new story I'm reading this morning about a small group of residents who are protesting about the siting of a new mast in Petts Wood in South East London near Bromley.

If you want to be able to use your mobile phone you are going to have to accept that we will see a growing number of masts just as we saw with electricity pylons and phone poles.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Cbu
1: Seeker

Vodaphone do not care where they put their HUGE masts, they DO NOT CARE what they do to people, what it means to them.  We live semi rural and i have no issues with mobile coverage. Once again they prat on to planning about a MUST in the area.  This is what a Disgusting piece of equipment from Vodaphone  went up near my home today, refused by 13/13 councillors, what can us locals do against companies like this who do not give a damn? On the other side of this grass verge, the other side of my estate is 2 other phone masts, EE own one of them and they too have gone to the planning directorate who will say yes to that one being made bigger and taller in order to tick his government done list.  When they put the planning in they tell you they are going to 'mast share' so why then do EE need to make theirs bigger when VODAPHONE has just ignored the locals here - it is so sad that these companies can do this. You should be ashamed

unknown.jpg

Locally Vodafone and their contractor CTIL have ignored local and county feeling and knowing about a badger sett at the site of the mast simply destroyed the area resulting in no badger seen since the demolition...

people don’t like wildlife but there are rules in place to protect such animals. Put simply Vodafone and CTIL have shown they simply don’t care about where they place their masts or the harm caused.

jeffkinn
You might have a good signal but there are obviously people in your area that don't. Its attitudes like this that are keeping millions of people in so called Not Spots. A mobile signal these days is not a luxury but an essential service and to that end more masts need to be erected and upgraded. I suggest you come to terms with it and stop castigating companies who are doing what their customers want them to do.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png