Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NG15 – Annesley

muppitz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Yes, most other places it is fine, this location is my place of work

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
NG15 0DR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
I don't have another phone, not sure where I'd get the money for a 'spare' iPhone!

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
I don't see any errors per-se but the signal on my work estate runs the full gambit of 4G right down to even having no phone signal
When I'm indoors I'm lucky if I get 3G and, for example, I went for a walk at lunchtime today and in places I had no phone signal at all, never mind data signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
All    

6) When did you first notice this issue?
About 2-3 weeks ago
It's never been amazing signal here but there's been a real deterioration over the last few weeks

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Permanent, it's like a big cloud is hanging over the estate!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @muppitz

Your local masts show as ok but on zooming out I see some surrounding masts are undergoing maintenance work. This could sometimes affect local masts if the network are re routing network traffic to compensate. 

"We're doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls and data coverage. Sorry if you notice any disruption. We're expecting to have things back to normal by 6pm 21 Jul 2017. Everything else should be working fine.~"

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@muppitz - I’ve checked the coverage in your area and you should get good 2G, however 3G and 4G are mostly outdoor coverage.

There was an issue with your local site (13476) on 13 July, however this was back up and running again by Friday afternoon. This currently looks to be performing fine and isn’t showing any issues.

As @BandOfBrothers mentioned above, there is some planned work being carried out in your area, so this may improve things. 

In the meantime, try changing your phones network settings to 2G only as this should improve things for calls and texts.

Thanks, I'll see what happens on Friday