Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NR28 - North Walsham

widgetwilk39
10: Established
10: Established

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. NR28 9EY

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? only got one phone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? get no service and emergeny call only at home

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?3G

6) When did you first notice this issue? 2 weeks ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? intermittent, mostly day and evening

7 REPLIES 7

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@widgetwilk39 - I’ve checked the coverage in your area and there is very little outdoor only 3G.

If you change your phone settings to 2G only, this should help increase the coverage you get.

You can also keep an eye on our UK coverage checker, for any changes planned in your area.

Thank you, today it has not been to bad, but can you tell me how to change to 2G.

OK, have found out how to do it and have changed it to 2G, will see how that goes, thanks

For the past 24 hours it has been working alright, so do you think that might have been my problem??? can you tell me the disadvantage of 2G against 3/4G

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@widgetwilk39 - Calls and texts only require 2G.

3G and 4G are better for data usage – if you’re at home and using Wi-Fi, you shouldn’t notice any difference in turning these off.

If you need data when you’re out and about, you’ll need to turn 3G and 4G back on.

Thank you, now I understand, think that must have been my problem,

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@widgetwilk39 - You're welcome! :Smiling:

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi widgetwilk39,

I am in the same postcode area as you and I can confirm there is an issue currently with the Folgate road industrial estate transmitter although it is taking a long time to rectify.

You can check out the problem here..... https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Select the "Network Status" and " Unexpected Issues" tabs, enter your post code and you will see that it is documented there, if it doesn't appear just zoom out the map slightly so you can see the Folgate road area.

Also you can register to receive updates about the issue.

I hope that helps,

Mike.