Solution

Network coverage GU32

NickMeigh
2: Seeker
Simon Simon
Moderator (Retired)
‎30-12-2013 12:54 PM
If you're having network problems, please read the information below before posting. This will help us to identify any issues more quickly. A network issue would include loss of signal, poor signal or problems making/receiving calls or texts:

1. Check if the issue only happens in one location

If it only happens in one location, go to number 2. If it happens everywhere you go, go to number 3.

2. Check your coverage and network status

If your coverage is low, or the issue only happens when you're indoors, Sure Signal provides full 3G signal in your home.

Network status will show any unexpected issues and planned maintenance in your area:

Type in your full postcode
If nothing shows, zoom out on the map (the site you connect to may be outside of the area)
If you see this: icon.JPG, you can register for email and text alerts
For a full guide on how to use our coverage map and status checker, check our YouTube video.

3. Update your network connection

Switch off and restart your phone. If this doesn’t help, check your specific phone instructions, tell your phone to try to connect to another network, and then pick Vodafone again.

4. Test your SIM card in another phone

If the issue happens everywhere, it can be caused by a faulty phone or SIM. If it's the SIM, pick up a new one free from your nearest Vodafone store. If it's the phone, check our repair page for what to do next.

5. Check for existing threads with the search bar near the top of the forum

Scroll to the top of the page and use the search bar to search for the first half of your postcode or your area. If there's already a thread about an issue in your area, click reply in that thread and add your details.

6. Post the network issue template (below)

Left click and copy (CTRL-C) the below template,
click reply in the relevant thread (Step 5 above) or click here to create a new thread
Paste (CTRL-V) the below template into your new post and add your answers. The more detail we have, the quicker we can identify and resolve the issue.

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Happens in my flat, have to walk 50metres to establish consistent coverage

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.
GU32 2DP
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Yes, other people's phones too

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
No coverage. I'm lucky if I get two bars out of 5. And never ever 3G

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
Happens on all. If I switch to 2G I can just about make a call but this can easily cut out if I move the phone
6) When did you first notice this issue?
This has been a persistent problem
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Permanent problem
--------------
Getting to know the team - Tech Team - As an eForum Tech Team member, I can answer any Vodafone related non-account specific questions. As we're a public forum, I can't reply to private messages.
55 Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

OHello @NickMeigh

I've popped your postcode into this link > Vodafone Network Checker.

It returned these results. 

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s being worked on by our engineers. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

There is an option in the link to Register for Updates. 

2) Why can't you give me a timescale on the fix?

I hope the issue is cleared up ASAP for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

NickMeigh
Thanks, although the problem seems more chronic than a recent difficulty.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NickMeigh We're working on an issue with your 3G serving site (36532) which may be impacting your service. 

Please register your details to our Network status checker to receive further updates on the fix. 

NickMeigh
Thanks. This is a much longer term than a temporary fault though. I have heard that there is a booster available for poor reception.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NickMeigh If you'd like to look into improving your 2G/3G signal indoors, check out our Vodafone Sure Signal

We also offer Wi-Fi Calling on selected mobile phones and tariffs. 

NickMeigh
That looks great. But as I'm paying for a service from you that I'm not getting, shouldn't Vodafone be sending me this anyway?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NickMeigh You should be able to get good 2G coverage from serving site 5367. 

The site itself is performing as we'd expect, with no dips in performance or faults which we can see. 

3G and 4G services for your postcode are patchy, therefore you may struggle to obtain a data connection. 

If you're still experiencing dropped/failed calls whilst on 2G only, please let us know. 

NickMeigh
I can rarely get a 2G signal. Regularly shows 'No Service' - about 70% of the time. Then I get one bar of 2G, and occasionally 2 bars, but this is at only one particular place on my sofa!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NickMeigh Were you able to test your phone on 2G only? If not, please update your settings to 2G only and let us know if your signal improves. 

If you experience any dropped calls whilst on 2G only, please get back to us and we'll investigate further.