Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New customer, not happy

Louisee84
2: Seeker

I've recently moved from 02 to Vodafone and to say I'm unhappy is an understatement!

I've done a coverage check and checked for faults, there are none yet I can barely get a signal anywhere. I've missed 2 important calls from my children's school and been cut from many more over the course of the last 2 weeks. That's when calls even get through to me.... most of the time it goes straight to voicemail. Text messages aren't getting sent. I have a no service message at the top of the screen and have to keep switching the phone off to get it back on. It's getting beyond a joke now... I'm paying over £40 a month for nothing. I've contacted customer services who weren't any help, they simply turned off my voicemail notifications not only wasn't I getting any calls, I wasn't being notified anyone had called!

I want this contract cancelling, it's pointless having it!

4 REPLIES 4

Devlinl92

Hi,

Sorry to hear the signal is not great in your area. If you bought the phone directly through a Vodafone channel (Online Shop, Retail Shop, Or Sales Call) you should have a 30 days return period where you can return it free of charge (You may not have the same rights if you ordered through a Third-Party ie. carphone warehouse as they will have their own policys in place)

Another option you might have is to purchase a sure signal box from vodafone it connects to your existing Wi-Fi to create a 3G Signal.

Unfortunately it's been nearly 2 months now and the problem just seems to be getting worse, more so in work than anywhere else despite the coverage checker saying it would be fine.

I bought the phone through the carphone warehouse, feeling a bit stuck with a useless phone :Sad_face:

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The network checker is by default not a guarantee of service but instead gives an indication. 

All networks have fringe areas , not spots and dips in service. I mention this and in no way with to upset you. 

For some Sure Signal devices and those on eligible contracts and accepted phones can use calling over WiFi. As you bought from an independent the phone would have to be an iPhone 6s onwards. 

The problem could also be the phone. Can you try the sim card in another phone ?

Also if your work premises has reflective windows this can cause signal issues. 

You can cancel the contract but that would be expensive as you'd be required to pay the early termination fee which is the remaining amount of months to run. Vodafone are fulfilling their contractual obligations as long as they are providing signal somewhere. Not necessarily in a particular place. Sorry. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Louisee84

If you are unable to get a signal anywhere, and your number ported over completely from O2,  it would point to a fault with your phone or SIM.  If you do not have a spare phone to try your SIM in, a Vodafone Store will help.  

The best thing to do is to give an example of the problem, this will give the Tech Team something to work on and get back to you.  This can be done by completing the pro forma on the link below.

Network Issues