Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Network Coverage FK20 8RY

FionaRobertson
2: Seeker

Since Christmas Eve, our village has been without any coverage of any sort from Vodafone. I phoned and reported this on the 24th of December at 4pm. What is very odd, Vodafone denied a problem, promised to send an email with an update to me and didn't.

All people on Vodafone have NO RECEPTION what so ever for the last 12 days and we have to travel 5 (FIVE) miles to get reception.

Other service providers in the area, for example, EE have full 4G coverage which is even more irritating because we don't even get 3G with Vodafone.

Postcode: FK20 8RY

9 REPLIES 9

FionaRobertson

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? In village and surrounding area. Have to travel 5 miles to get reception.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? FK20 8RY

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Lights are on. No-one at home. No coverage at all.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All. Don't get 3G here.

6) When did you first notice this issue? 24th December at about 13:00 hrs

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent.

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi @FionaRobertson

There is an issue listed in that area on the Vodafone Status Checker (Pop your postcode in and zoom out on the map) so Vodafone will certainly be aware of the issue and hopefully should be working to resolve it.

Once the issue has been resolved contact customer services who should be able to arrange a refund for the days you've been without coverage.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FionaRobertson We're working hard trying to fix an issue with your local 2G serving site (6203). 

The issue we're working on may be impacting your calls coverage.

Kindly register your details to our Network status checker to receive further updates on the fix.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. 

Thank you for the reply. I 'hope' that they are aware and are doing something about it. Highly frustrating.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FionaRobertson We understand how frustrating this may be. 

You'll receive further updates once you've registered your details to our Network status checker

Excellent. The network checker says there's NOT an issue. Maybe that's why there's still no service because Vodafone can't 'see' a problem?  EE looking tempting right now.

Yes, very annoying. Whilst they fix it, maybe they could upgrade to 3G? Oh, hang on, EE offer 4G.....

Nabs

@FionaRobertson There is an issue showing for me...

Capture.PNG

Great. Thanks.

I wait with baited breath!

Kind regards.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FionaRobertson Apologies once again. 

We'll be able to look into arranging a partial line rental refund for the amount of days that you were completely without service. 

See our T's&C's for more information. 

Once the issue has been resolved, please get back to us and we'll get this arranged for you.