Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No network in Chipping Norton

Harry-draf
2: Seeker

The network in my area has been down for about two weeks now.

The network status checker doesn't acknowledge any problem.

Are Vodafone going to sort it out or not?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Harry-draf

I appreciate how frustrating it is when signal fails, fringe coverage or intermittent connection presents issues.

Vodafone have a Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template that asks relevant questions that will Help us and the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. I appreciate you've checked the Online Network Checker but Please would you re post the template with your answers.

This may help too. 

Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

Network-queries-frequently-asked-questions.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Harry-draf

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Only happens in Chipping Norton, works fine only a few miles out of town.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

Not putting my post code on here, you know where Chipping Norton is.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No bars of signal, inabillity to text or make calls.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

About two weeks ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Sometimes I can get one or two bars of signal for a few minutes.

Harry-draf

I'll switch to a different network. That's what everyone else in town is doing. Vodafone might as well take their Chipping Norton mast down as they'll soon have no customers in Chipping Norton.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Harry-draf I've checked the postcode registered within your profile and can see that your area is served by site number 8787. 

The site is currently performing as expected with no dips in performance or recent faults which would be impacting your service.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contacted our team.

Harry-draf

I guess you're not going to fix the problem since you won't even acknowledge there is one.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Harry-draf If you'd like us to investigate further, please get in touch using the details from the private message I sent previously. 

Had a good 3G signal (3 bars inside the house) up till Friday 10/2/17. Since then suddenly no signal at all at any time of day or night. Can get 1 bar outside if I go 50 yards up the hill.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jsouster I've checked your local serving site (8787) and the site is performing correctly. 

If you're still experiencing the issue, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

After completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.