Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service DG1 Dumfries

heatherjs1
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Had to travel 2 miles before got signal back.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
DG1 1UJ 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
No service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Aug 15!!! Had to get sure signal box which improved the situation whilst at home address. Issue started again this morning 23.02.17

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Shows as no signal on my phone, then jumps to 2 bars signal but still unable to make or receive calls or texts, then jumps back to no signal. This has been happening all day today. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Coverage in your area, especially of 3G and 4G should improve in the future; this mast is currently O2 only but has a new cabinet, indicating future upgrade to carry Vodafone and O2 4G.

Site 4830 is your nearest Vodafone site. However, I would not expect you to get a good 3G signal from it.

Site 203 is quite a long way away, and will be 2G/3G/4G server.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

According to the Vodafone Network Checker there has recently been some work completed. It can take a few days for the affected masts ro fully settle. 

This is what it says. 

We've fixed an issue in this area recently. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - things should have been back to normal since 1.27pm 23 Feb 2017

Link > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heatherjs1 We've recently resolved an issue with one of your surrounding masts (4830), which may have been impacting your 2G service from your local site (203). 

Please allow 24 hours for the network to stabalise and your service to return to normal. 

If you continue to experience issues, please change your phone settings to 2G only, as you currently don't have 3G/4G services within your area. 

If you're experiencing issues with your Sure Signal, please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.

Thanks for the replies.

can you clarify what you mean by I don't have 3G or 4g. Do you mean currently as in at the moment due to the issue, or currently at this time Vodafone does not supply 3G or 4g to my area?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heatherjs1 Looking at your postcode we can see that you should be getting 2G coverage from your local mast (203), however 3G and 4G data services are extremely limited/non existent. 

Keep an eye on the 'View our planned coverage' tab from our Network status checker for any upgrades to the network within your area. 

Ok, thanks for clarifying that....so can you please explain how I have had 3G network at my home address for the MANY years I have been a Vodafone customer....until these issues started in Aug 2015? 

I had NO issues with receiving 3G at home prior to this date!!!

several times I was promised compensation for the time I was without 3G by Vodafone advisors, which was then denied was ever said. I ended up being given a free sure signal box which again resolved the issue until today.

I feel like I am just being fobbed off again and again by Vodafone, with no interest in actually resolving the issue. All I want is to have the 3G network that I am paying for.

needless to say I will be removing my phone contracts from Vodafone when I am due for renewal unless this is resolved.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heatherjs1 As stated by @Rahim, 3G/4G services are very limited within your area, hence why you may struggle to obtain a data connection. 

I can see that you've said that your Sure Signal resolved the issue until recently, are you having issues using your Sure Signal? 

I've checked your local serving site (203), however couldn't see any previous changes that would have affected your coverage. 

Thank you for your reply...however what I am saying is that I have been a Vodafone customer for many years, at this address, and never had any issues using 3G prior to this. I have been a happy customer up until this happened.

i have been able to use 3G at this address for many years with Vodafone without an issue until Aug 2015.

this is what advisors don't seem to be understanding. I am being told that my address has poor 3G network availability. I have been a Vodafone customer at this address for years and have always had 3G network with no issues until this happened.

it is not a case of never having had the 3G network. 

It is a case of that I had 3G network for years, and have been paying for this service, however in Aug 2015 something happened and my service vanished. I was promised compensation by advisors who then denied they said that. I had to fight for a free sure signal which was eventually given to me, and this solved the problem at the home address, until the other day when we had no signal again, but not even the sure signal helped with this.

i have had a very frustrating time with Vodafone advisors trying to get help!

Coverage in your area, especially of 3G and 4G should improve in the future; this mast is currently O2 only but has a new cabinet, indicating future upgrade to carry Vodafone and O2 4G.

Site 4830 is your nearest Vodafone site. However, I would not expect you to get a good 3G signal from it.

Site 203 is quite a long way away, and will be 2G/3G/4G server.

heatherjs1
4: Newbie
Thanks for explaining that to me, you've given me more there than any Vodafone advisor has done to date!!!
But what I don't understand is then why did I have excellent 3G signal at this address with Vodafone whilst I had the iPhone 3GS, the 4, and the 5s? It's only after getting the 6 that I started having network issues in my home address area.
Can you explain why that would happen? I just can't understand how I would have perfect network before, for years, then it vanishes???