Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Northampton signal issues

djs1970
4: Newbie

Post Title: NN3 Northampton

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes. A few miles.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? NN3 6FL

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Have a new sim card and have a new phone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Messages appear to be sent, but received hours later. Calls go straight to answer phone

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 3G and 4G. 2G not tried

6) When did you first notice this issue? A year ago?

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent. Happens in the morning or late afternoon

27 REPLIES 27

djs1970
You now have all the information you need. When can I expect an answer?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 When convenient, please reply to our last email which we sent earlier today (29 November 2016). 

Hi there

So I have new phones, new sim cards and fault still persists.

Messages are not getting through to the receiving phone, it may take hours or days. This is especially worse when the receiving phone has been switched off overnight and then switched on in the morning after the message has been sent.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 As it's been a number of months since your last contact, if you could kindly complete Network Troubleshooting again, as some information may have changed. 

Post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

djs1970
Personally this is ridiculous!

Post Title: NN3 Northampton

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? YES

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. NN3 6FL

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Replaced phones and Sims. Vodafone costing me a fortune.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Message not being received in NN8 when phone switched on.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All of course!

6) When did you first notice this issue? Last year. See previous posts. Fault never fixed

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Probably intermittent as it happens around 07:30am most days. Otherwise I guess it's OK, but who knows what messages go missing!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 I've looked at your local serving site (4833) and this is performing as expected. 

So we can look into this further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch by email. 

We'll need this information in order to raise any cases with our Network Engineers, so this can be fully investigated. 

I have sent the message back as requested. I'm guessing I will be wasting my time and money again doing the investigations for Vodafone again, just like last time!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 I've responded to your latest email. :smileyhappy: