31-10-2016 06:27 PM
Post Title: NN3 Northampton
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes. A few miles.
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? NN3 6FL
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Have a new sim card and have a new phone
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Messages appear to be sent, but received hours later. Calls go straight to answer phone
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 3G and 4G. 2G not tried
6) When did you first notice this issue? A year ago?
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent. Happens in the morning or late afternoon
31-10-2016 06:48 PM
Inputting your postcode into the Network Checker does not highlight any current issues with your local or surrounding masts.
Also expected but not guaranteed 2G,3G and 4G is suggested to be good.
As service / signal is fine away from your area this suggests your SIM card and phone are ok.
This could be Mast Congestion where issues arise when lots of people access the mast(s) at approximately the same time.
You could try turning off 3G and 4G in the phones settings to force 2G which may stabilise calls & texts but would reduce internet speeds.
01-11-2016 10:03 PM
I appreciate your answer, but find it amazing that nobody from Vodafone answers my query. I complained about this signal problem on Facebook and they told me paste the template on here. Pass the buck comes to mind. Prove me wrong Vodafone !
02-11-2016 03:59 PM
02-11-2016 04:48 PM
04-11-2016 02:44 PM
@djs1970 Testing your phone on 2G only will allow us to pinpoint if there's any issues with the 2G, 3G or 4G sector of your serving cell.
Kindly test your phone on 2G and get back to us with the results.
04-11-2016 09:26 PM
I will try on 2G, but I don't really know why I am despite your last post. Your colleague has already said in a post further above that 2G and 3G are performing OK with no dips.
So just why am I trying it on 2G?
06-11-2016 02:41 PM
07-11-2016 11:32 AM
08-11-2016 10:31 AM
@djs1970 If you provide us with your details, we'll be able to use various internal systems to try and pinpoint your issue.
We appreciate you may not want to disclose your personal information, therefore it's entirely your choice if you decided to contact us.
13-11-2016 11:26 AM
16-11-2016 09:41 PM
© 2017 Vodafone Limited. Registered office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
Registered in England No 1471587.