Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Northolt - UB5

Peanut5287
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes, 1 mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. Ub5 6fz

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Phone doesn't ring. Insternet doesnt connect. Goes straight to voicemail when someone calls me.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All.

6) When did you first notice this issue? 5 days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Evening
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Looking at the Vodafone Network Checker I see that an issue has been recently resolved. 

It can take a few days occasionally for masts to settle sometimes. 

"We've fixed an issue in this area recently. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - things should have been back to normal since 12.53pm 14 Mar 2017"

Link > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Peanut5287
I've had no signal in this area for the past 5 days. 'Maintenance issues' were apparently fixed on the 12th but I still can't phone / text / receive calls / use the internet. What's going on?

Peanut5287
Hi,

'Things should've have been back to normal since 12:53pm 14 March 2017''

Things aren't back to normal though and it's 2 days later. It's now been 5 days with no signal at home....

babychan
4: Newbie

My bf and i are having the same issues too we are in  UB4 we have internet however we can't get calls on 4g we have to switch to 2/3g to make and receive calls been like this for a few days now. When i am at work phone works fine when on 4g

BandOfBrothers

Hi @babychan

Currently Vodafone does not support voLTE which is the option to make calls over 4G. 

Calls are made over 2G and 3G. 

Hopefully in the near future the network will introduce that feature after whatever testing they'll need to do. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Peanut5287
It's ridiculous! My brother lives 1/2 a mile away and he can't make calls either. Vodafone just keep fobbing me off and just tell me to post on here.

This is the 6th day there has been this issue!!!!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Peanut5287 and @babychan We’re aware of an issue in your area and this has been logged under reference INC2814659.

Our network engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Please take a look at our Network FAQs for details on why we’re unable to provide further info, including timescales.

UB1 area - Calls do not connect since 17/03/17, incomming calls are notified as a missed call by a txt message, but the call never came through on my phone.

Tweeted Vodafone help on 18/03/17 was told there had been a problem and it had been resolved.

19/03/17 - still have the same problem and have managed to make/receive one call during the whole day otherwise all calls do not connect or receive txt msg to say incomming call missed.

Network checker is showing a big fat green tick on the map for UB1/UB5.

I can understand short drops in service but 3 days of this, very frustrating?! What if i only paid a couple of pence instead of my full amount when the next bill is due, is that acceptable?

Peanut5287
I've had the problem for 8 days now :(. According to the (useless) help team on Twitter, the problem should be fixed by the 21st. Considering it was supposedly fixed in the 14th, I won't hold my breath.

It's Shocking that we are paying for a service and not receiving what we signed up for.

Will be leaving my contract as soon as it is up, the poor customer service has pushed me over the edge. One 'technical expert' told me the problem was literally my house and that I should go outside to make calls. An absolute joke of a company.