Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving texts even though signal

Mary1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I seem to be not receiving all texts, and some seem to be taking ages to get through.  I only just found this out as my daughter's just got home and told me she texted me this morning to tell me she'd forgotton her PE kit.

As I didn't receive the text she sent, I didn't know she didn't have her PE kit and she ended up having to do the lesson in her knickers.

Apparantly there's other texts I haven't received too, which I am only just finding out.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Just to narrow things down a little may I ask....

Does this happen with some contacts or all of them ?

Can you check if your phone has a text blocking feature and if any numbers have been inadvertently added to that. It would be worth asking other people having these text issues to look at all these questions too. 

Does this happen at home or everywhere ?

Can you try your sim in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that maybe at issue. 

Can you send texts ok and the recipients are receiving them ?

Sometimes mast congestion can play a part in delayed texts. Turbo g the phone Off and On can refresh network connection. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Mary1984

The first thing to do is to put your postcode into the coverage checker link at the top of the page, this will give an indication as to whether there are any known issues in your area.  There is also the template on the link below.

Network Queries

However, from what you have written, and if you have signal, you might benefit from a new SIM card.  When SIM cards become used for a lengthy period, they can start doing strange things.  Hopefully, a new SIM will solve your issues and you will not miss any further texts messages.  A Vodafone Store will do the swap and have your number transferred to the new SIM within the hour.  A quick turn off and back on usually does the trick but sometimes it is necesary to do a network search.

Any problems, Customer Services and Live Chat are there to help and you always have this forum.