Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OL6 - Ashton-Under-Lyne

CatT95
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I rarely have signal in this location(my home), I struggle to make calls or send texts at all. People on other networks can get signal in this location but myself & other vodafone users can not.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

OL6 9DA

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
 Yes.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
 Almost constantly having the 'no service ' message displayed on my phone & when there is 1 bar of signal texts fail to send, calls fail & i can not recive calls, they go straight to voicemail but I do not recieve missed call messages for long periods of time due to not having signal.

When someone from vodaphone tried to call me about this issue the call did not even come thorugh on my phone & neither did the notification text until hours later, I only knew they had rung because they sent me a message via Twitter,

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
    All.
6) When did you first notice this issue?
Since the start of my contract. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

2 REPLIES 2

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CatT95 -  I’ve checked the coverage in your area and you should get good 2G, however 3G and 4G are patchy and mostly outdoor only.

If you change your phone settings to 2G only, this should improve the level of coverage you receive for calls and texts. 

As this is due to general coverage and not a fault, you could buy a Sure Signal to use at home as this would provide you with 3G.

Hi, I've tried switching my phone to 2G only & still have these issues.

You're saying my solution is to spend an additional £70 to buy something to help the service that I already pay over £50 per month for?