Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PH13 - Burrelton

Merlep
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

For over 10 years we have been Vodafone customers & had a reasonable mobile signal at home. Over the last few weeks the signal has deteriorated & frequently we have no signal with emergency calls only. I have the option of wifi calling. My husbands phone does not.  We have tried calling helpline & visited Dundee shop. No-one has been able or shown any interest in helping. Why has the signal got worse? What are we paying for if we can't make calls at home?

20 REPLIES 20

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep - In the private message I sent, there’s a link you can click on to send us an email.

If you can follow the steps to email us, we’ll be able to look into this further.

OK done - but yet again have had to retype the same answers/issues I trully hope that the escalation team will act and not keep fobbing us off with yet more forms to fill in.  I am beginning to wonder if there  is anyone who can or wants to resolve this?

Jenny

To add insult to all the other problems the response to the escalation message is that we will receive a reply in 48 hours - that is unacceptable. I want someone to contact us in the next 2 hours .

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep -  I can see we've received your email, so we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your email "we've raised a case with our network engineers for them to investigate" 

How long is this likely to take? We are still without a signal so unable to use mobile service at home.

Thanks

Merle

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep We're unable to provide a timescale for a fault to be resolved - you're able to see why, here

Rest assured our teams are working hard behind the scenes to get everything back up and running for you, as soon as possible, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hello Jenny & Alex,

So here we are 2 weeks later and no response from anyone at Vodafone.  Do you actually care about your customers?

"Escalating" the problem has made no difference.  Still no signal at home. My husband has been on to your technical department for over 1/2 hour today and they promised to pass the problem to the network team.  We are going round in circles.

What are we paying for - you guarantee a signal on your website which is certainly not happening.  Nor is it the service we experienced in the past when we could make calls from our home address...I ask again what has changed?  

The tech team said a suresignal box was the solution - considering you are not delivering the service we signed up for is this something Vodafone will supply FOC to resolve the problem??

I would like you to advise how I escalate this problem further as we need someone to take responsibility for our problem and help us.

FYI my husband is having to use a pay as you go EE SIM  at home - which works perfectly.

Thank you

Merle

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep – This has been escalated and logged under reference INC2983980.

Our Network engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

As Alex advised above, please take a look at our network FAQs for details on why we’re unable to provide further info, including timescales.

Jenny

I feel that I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Can you explain to me what escalataed actually means...as it doesn't appear to have made any difference.  All you do is post the same links as to why there may be a delay.  We are talking over 2 weeks with no progress- would you consider that acceptable if you were personally without  mobile coverage that you were paying for?

Merle

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep – We’ve raised a case directly to our Network engineers to investigate what’s going on in the area and at your local serving site.

We’re unable to provide timescales, as each case is different and there are a number of things that can cause network problems. These can range from site equipment to external factors such as new buildings, local machinery, tall trees etc.

Each case is different and if we need to contact a third party (land owners, local council etc) or order new parts, this can take time.

My team are constantly monitoring the case we’ve raised and will let you know as soon as we have an update from the engineers who are investigating this.