Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PH13 - Burrelton

Merlep
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

For over 10 years we have been Vodafone customers & had a reasonable mobile signal at home. Over the last few weeks the signal has deteriorated & frequently we have no signal with emergency calls only. I have the option of wifi calling. My husbands phone does not.  We have tried calling helpline & visited Dundee shop. No-one has been able or shown any interest in helping. Why has the signal got worse? What are we paying for if we can't make calls at home?

20 REPLIES 20

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep I'm sorry to hear you're having coverage issues - please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your prompt reply Alex.

I have already had this link sent by your Twitter help team & my post was in response to the final option. I don't know what more I can say, my husband has had two calls with your helpline one of which involved him changing SIM. Your operative promised to activate a new SIM in 24 hours but did not. My husband then went in to your Dundee shop where he was met by apathy and no positive advice. Everyone we speak to missed the point. We had mobile coverage at home for over 10 years, now we don't and no-one can tell me why. I have recently upgraded to a new contract. I would like this problem escalated ASAP

Just spent half an hour on the exact same issue - but we're in Cornwall!  Only solution offered is to buy Sure Signal for £70 but being on a farm need more general coverage   Vodafone is retreating then I have started looking for others: I'm asking everyone who arrives on the farm what their signal is like and will assess whether worth changing.  Had hoped for a more proactive appraoch - a free Sure Signal box might have been a start but that is not forthcoming so looks like a change of provider is on the cards.

MobileNinja
13: Advanced Member

Hi both

If you post the network trouble shooting guide up like Alex suggests, they can look into the network issue in a lot more detail than normal customer care.

What harm can it do? Trust the team on here with the info to give you a decent response or not post it up and continue suffering poor signal. I'd go with the first option. 

If I've helped you, please click Thanks

Not exactly sure what you mean about posting up the guide? Two weeks trying to interact with Vodafone and after being given a lot of inaccurate information I just want someone who can help to make direct contact

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep

Please copy and paste this template and enter the relevant information relating to the area you're experiencing issues in:

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a further look into this for you. 

• Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

No.  The crucial issue is that we now get no service in and around our home but the mobile coverage was reasonable up until a few weeks ago.

• What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

PH13 9PP

• Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes. We also have 2 Vodafone contracts on different phone models with the same problem.

• What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Emergency calls only.  Vodafone UK not available. No Network Coverage

• Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

• When did you first notice this issue?

In the last month (June-July)

• Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Yes intermittent but when we get signal it is very poor and drops out. Occurs at any time

Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a further look into this for you.

I really hope that you will do something – we are getting very frustrated having to keep repeating the issues to different ‘help’ teams and getting nowhere.  We have tried a pay as you go EE SIM and get a full signal.  I say again we used to have a service at home, now we do not – what has changed?  If we cannot get a Vodafone signal at home (without paying out for a sure signal box) then what are you going to do to resolve the problem?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Merlep - I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having.

We need to investigate this further, so I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

OK Jenny - this is now beyond a joke.  I have responded as you requested and received the following.

"Hello,
Thanks for your private message.
Due to the amount of queries we receive on the eForum, we’re unable to respond to all of our PM’s. Please follow one of the options below, to ensure your query is resolved as quickly as possible.
For queries on Vodafone products and services, please post on the eForum, where our team will be along shortly to help you.
If your query is regarding your account, then you can contact Vodafone by simply clicking here and speaking to one of our advisors.
Best wishes
Vodafone eForum"