Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PL14

NigelGi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

The issue occurs around my home location

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

PL14 6PZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Occurs on multiple handsets using multiple accounts

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Unable to receive incoming calls

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

This occurs when the handset is on the 3G and 4G networks (Poor signal strength) if handset is locked to 2G issue does not occur

6) When did you first notice this issue?

I returned to my home location after an extended business trip and the issue has been constant since that date (12th April) neighbours have said the issue started several weeks before

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

The issue is permanant all the time the handset is not locked onto 2G network

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NigelGi I've checked your local serving site (1864) and it's performing as expected. 

Looking into your area on our network status checker I can see that you should receive 2G coverage. 

After checking your location for 3G and 4G - I can see that 3G is variable and 4G has not yet arrived. 

To help your issue with calls, you'd benefit from manually forcing your device down to 2G when in this area.

Other options you may wish to look into - our Sure Signal device or Wi-Fi Calling