Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TN40 - Bexhill On Sea

buckleythomas1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: TN40 - Bexhill On Sea

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? I get less than 2 bars signal in my house or in my garden and cannot get 2G, 3G or 4G most of the time. sometimes I get one bar and 3G but its barely usable 

2) What is the full postcode: TN40 2FP

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes i have tried in a different phone and i get the same signal, my wife also has a Vodafone phone and two kids do and none can get a signal here.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No Errors just no signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? I cannot get any of these.

6) When did you first notice this issue? When we moved in

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? The issue is perminant.

I Checked the website with the new postcode before i renewed my contract and it said we would get strong 4G inside and outside, now i have stuck with 4 contracts that are useless.

13 REPLIES 13

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You weren't stuck really - you had 30 days to cancel the contracts. The cooling off period is to make sure that the signal is suitable for your prefered location.

If you have the right model phone you could get Wi Fi calling. The other best option is to get a Sure Signal.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

"You weren't stuck really - you had 30 days to cancel the contracts"

But the coverage checker shows full strength 4G indoors and outdoors.  So, why are you holding the customer at fault?

Perhaps you can recommend a mobile provider for the OP who doesn't lie on their network checker?

Thank you for seeing it from my point of view!

i had 3 months left on my contract and the guy in the shop certainly didn't explain that the website wasn't accurate when he checked for me too!

i upgraded to a new 24 month contract and now as outside the 30 days!

my phone has wifi calling so when BT install he internet that's not so bad but the other phones are not comparable and I feel aggrieved 

sure signal is an option but that's another £70 and I personally feel that I'm being penalised for poor information.

maybe I am wrong but that's my view 

@buckleythomas1 sounds like you have done the right thing, you checked you'd get a decent signal in a store of the provider and one would expect to be able to take that information as reliable.

Vodafone should explain why their network checker tells the tales it does!

jeffkinn

It would be nice if the coverage checker was more accurate, but it's a computer generated simulation of the signal strength and therefore not accurate.

but I'm confused by one aspect of your situation? If these contracts are an upgrade of an existing Vodafone contracts, surely the signal was already bad. Why did you upgrade if you knew what the signal was like despite what a map might tell you?

Did you enquire about the cooling off period that would have allowed you to cancel the upgrade and then move to a network that does have a signal where you are?

I agree that a Sure Signal is an extra expense but surely it's worth getting a decent signal for the next two years if you're now locked in to Vodafone?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Two contracts are not in my name but of my step children's dad so they can probably cancel or sort something.

i have two in my name and one ends in 8 months and one I just upgraded, so yes in essence I am tied with 1/2 but for 24 months.

i guess my only choice is the sure signal but when your paying £100+ a month and was told they would work I don't see why I should have to pay yet more.

i was told by Vodafone that I had to start a thread before the issue would be investigated.

i think Vodafone should supply the site signal FOC....again that's my opinion tho.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have moved house between checking the signal and now but they did check my new address.

and before anyone says yes it's cheaper to buy SS than a new house. 😳

jeffkinn

and was the house move after the cooling off period had expired?

if it was then the truth is that you would have moved anyway because no one chooses a house based on mobile phone signal (do they?) and you'd have been in this position anyway even of the coverage map had been more accurate. Is that right?

Unfortunately, all networks operate on the basis that if you move to a house with a poor signal, when the address you lived at when the contract was upgraded had a good signal, they will not be held responsible. And the coverage map gives a pretty big health warning on it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Your missing my point, of course I would have moved anyway but I wouldn't have upgraded with Vodafone but changed provider.

the house move was just after the 30 days and yes I probably should have read the website better but when the employee tells you it's great signal you believe them.

i never suggested that I moved hous based on their advice I suggested I stayed with them on it.

anyways you live and learn, only opened this thread because VOdaphone wouldn't investigate until I had,  not to start a debate on who is right and wrong.