Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor network coverage in Hove BN3

hovetrove
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The coverage checker indicates indoor and outdoor 4G coverage for BN3 Hove, but I never seem to get this. I rarely get any coverage indoors and have to rush outside to receive calls to avoid them dropping out. Texts are often not sent indoors or outdoors. Why is it so bad? This happens in lots of areas of Hove. Sometimes there is a reported network issue, but it seems that this is never fixed. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @hovetrove

Totally understand how frustrating it can be when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

The Network Checker you have used is a good guide but is not a guarantee of what signal a person will achieve. 

Is signal OK when you commute away from your home area ? If not then please try another phone with your sim card in and if possible another sim card in your phone. 

Sometimes a sim card degrades so a Vodafone store can replace it via a simple swap if necessary. 

Could you complete the template and paste your answers into your thread. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hovetrove Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Gazzagaz
1: Seeker

There used to be a 3G transmitter near the junction old Shoreham road and Sackville road, which was there for the last year and served the west hove area well. I live in poets corner and also work in another part of poets corner.

they have recently taken this transmitter down, and now I'm back to constantly dropped and failed calls due to rubbish signal.

anyone know why the transmitter has gone?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gazzagaz Our network status checker shows an issue in your area, which may be affecting calls and coverage.

We're currently working to resolve this issue and you're able to subscribe for updates. :smileyhappy: