Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal

Markacoop
3: Seeker
My phone signal at home TR153HY used to be absolutely fine however for around the last month it has been very hit and miss causing me to miss a very important call. If I go outside I have a good signal. Is there work in the area or can you explain why the signal is now so poor. It is getting increasingly frustrating.
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Your local masts are showing as ok. 

However on zooming out there was an issue that has now been resolved however it can take a few days to fully settle. 

"We've fixed an issue in this area recently. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - things should have been back to normal since 3.24pm 08 Dec 2016"

Vodafone Network Checker.

Issues with outstanding masts can sometimes affect local masts as Vodafone perhaps re route network traffic to compensate. 

Rebooting the the phone by turning it off and on may help. 

Manually choosing another Network in your phones settings ,and then re choose Vodafone can help. And try choosing 2G in the phones settings which may improve call quality but would affect Data Speeds. 

Other issues maybe that mast congestion is happening which is where lots of people access the mast(s) at the same time. 

Issues like new buildings being erected or extended and even in some cases trees growing/ sprouting leaves can be an issue. Also if the population has grown in that area too.

In rare occasions the removal of a mast can cause issues too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Markacoop I've checked your local 2G, 3G and 4G serving site (88883) and can see that it's currently performing as we'd expect, with no dips in performance or faults. 

Although there's no reported issues with your direct site, we have recently resolved an issue with one of your surrounding sites, as mentioned by @BandOfBrothers

Please let us know if you're still having issues. 

Markacoop
Thanks for your reply, yes I am still having problems, you say that there are no issues in the area and work has finished but I spoke to a colleague of yours online yesterday who told me there is work locally which is due to finish at 10pm December 13th. Which of you is correct? This is getting increasingly frustrating.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Markacoop We're aware of an issue with one of your surrounding sites (330) which may be impacting your calls coverage. 

We're unable to provide a timescale on a potential network fix, therefore the advice you've been given online is incorrect.

See our FAQ's page for more information. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Please register your details to our Network status checker for any further updates on the network fix.