Solution

Poor signal

KarenOFE
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Poor mobile signal

Unable to make/receive phone calls

NR20 and throughout Norfolk

Was an intermittent issue, now a permenant issue.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you look at the specific template below and provide your answers back here in your thread as this will help the team with your issue. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for this.  

I did try to do this and have already turned off and on phone, and reset carrier.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Norfolk 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

NR20

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

No but this happens on all our work phones

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Just doesnt connect 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All    

6) When did you first notice this issue?

1 week ago 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permenant

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KarenOFE Thanks for filling out the above information - we'll need a full postcode of the affected area in order to look into this further. 

You're able to add this to your profile, if you don't wish to post this publicly. 

Hi 

NR20

NR21

NR30

NR24

NR25

Thanks

Karen 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KarenOFE Apologies if I wasn't clear - we'd need the full postcode, including the second part (e.g. ST1 5GP). 

Without this second part of the postcode, we'd be unable to look into this in more detail. 

The only full postcode I can give is NR20 5GY which is our office address, the other postcode areas are know to us as our engineers travel through those areas but we dont necessarily stop in each postcode area.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KarenOFE I've checked into the postcode you've provided and can see that you're in a low coverage area - I'd recommend changing your device down to 2G only when in this location. 

It may also be worth looking into a Sure Signal device. 

Any planned maintenence to improve the coverage in this area will show on our network status checker - there is nothing currently planned, however it'd be worth checking back every so often for any updates. :smileyhappy: 

We used to have very good signal in this area - what has changed?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KarenOFE - There are many things that can affect the coverage in an area, such as new buildings, machinery or an increase in local population.

As Alex suggested above, a Sure Signal would help with coverage at your office address.

Do keep checking back for any updates on our network status checker, for planned changes.